• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fabricated front bumpers.

red_01_xj said:
here is a link to pictures from my build
http://ndsu.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2022996&l=95f83&id=33801372
and here is what mine looks like
n33801372_30959608_8697.jpg

I will eventually add a winch to it
Thats just nasty!

RCP Phx said:
Thats just nasty!

lets see pics of yours please. I am trying to get ideas for my front bumper, and don't think his is all bad... but I am curious to see what is so much better. I really like the ARB's, but $$$$.

thanks.

userbmx1315 said:
are thos ford exploder wheels?

Yup. A friend had them laying around. They fit great and give more clearance withought hitting the ousides of the fenders. Just had to grind a little lip off the inside of the center hole on the back of them. They actually don't look bad either.

HOME MADE BUMPER
Alot of Grinding, Welding and Cutting. I am very happy with it especially the cost
MoabApril2007267.jpg

Last edited:
Red97XJ said:
lets see pics of yours please. I am trying to get ideas for my front bumper, and don't think his is all bad... but I am curious to see what is so much better. I really like the ARB's, but $$$$.

thanks.
here is a picture of RCP Phx's bumper

bump12.jpg

I dont care for his much....I know he has never liked mine, he has posted so before...personally mine is great I love the fact that I built it, I love the brush guard I made for it, it is such that I can see the corners to know if I am gonna clear some thing or not. I designed it with intent of adding a winch

Last edited:
Alright here's mine. I just tried to make it as high clearance as possible. It started out as a piece of 3x5x1/4 and the rest was 3/16 plate. It is not done yet but it's close. The rear is 2x6x3/16 and boxed it with more 3/16 plate

and the rear

click to enlarge

racer32 said:

Hey there Racer32, I saw your bumper and photos on photobucket and was wondering if you have a complete right-up on that bumper build, or if you could answer a few question. How far out from the grill does it stick out? It looks like from the pics that you have the best entry angle of any front winch bumper that I have seen, and I was just wondering how you did that? Thanks for any info and that is one awesome front bumper.

Jeremy

JRP4x4 said:
Hey there Racer32, I saw your bumper and photos on photobucket and was wondering if you have a complete right-up on that bumper build, or if you could answer a few question. How far out from the grill does it stick out? It looks like from the pics that you have the best entry angle of any front winch bumper that I have seen, and I was just wondering how you did that? Thanks for any info and that is one awesome front bumper.

Jeremy

Hey Jeremy-
I dont have a complete write up but I can answer any questions and take as many pictures as you want. I also have a set of PDF's if you want to see the basic layout of the bumper with dimensions...

The face of the bumper is about 4.75" deep in the middle from the grill. The fairlead and shackle tabs stick out further. The approach angle is pretty good and thats how I designed it. I wanted the bumper to be as shallow as possible with the winch in it. The winch is about 1" or less from the front crossmember. I had to lengthen the range lever on the winch and clock that end so I could reach it. It sticks through the front crossmember...

Reply here or PM me for more info :D

This is the one I built for the "Teal Bitch".

I know most of you guys prefer plate style bumpers, but I tend to like Tube bumpers better. Just my taste's.

DSCN0536.jpg

DSCN0546.jpg

DSCN0547.jpg

~James

Back