• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exo Kit

KarmirXJ said:
why do you need an exo cage?

running 32" tires, will you be doing any hard-core trails?

How cool !!! I have 32's and don't do "hard core trails", so that must mean I won't ever roll my XJ. And to think I almost bought 33's or larger.... a perfect formula for roll overs. I guess I can toss caution out the window when and not worry about rolling when I wheel from now on..... :rolleyes:

KarmirXJ said:
:rolleyes:

you are the ignorant one my friend....

might be ignorant to you but at least I suggested something to the guy / gave my oppinion. to me your post is thee most worthless waist of bandwith. (period)

as you can see Ive posted many illistrations trying to help the guy out. unless you have some sort of tech or suggestion of some sort to give, It would be best if you keep your ignorant comments to yourself.:rolleyes:

Take yer 'illustrations' and shove them up yer ass, that's not at all my point. It's this bullshit of believing that because someone is not running 35"+ tires on locked full size axles, yer not 'wheelin.' It's the ignorant comments and ****s like yew that give the rest of us a bad name out there on the trails, so no, I will not keep my comments to myself you self rightious bitch.

If someone wants to run a full cage, go for it, just do it right like you're suggesting, that's kewl. I was wishing I had a few weeks back when I was staring at the ground a foot away from my window...but shit, I'm only open diff'd on 33's, guess I don't need a cage anyway.

But to be on the subject...do it right, spend the money and have one fabbed that is going to be safe in any situation and be solid as all hell. If you don't have the fab skillz, then yes, get the Vasoline because you're going to pay for it. This is a safety item, not something to 'look kewl', do yew spend $20 on the kewl looking bike helmet or $150 that's gonna protect yer noggin best?

that is all...

hey erik....jeezus man........

just when this thread was getting nicer, you have to come poop on it.

there's no reason for namecalling, there are more tactful and intellegent ways of trying to get your point across.....

I'm sure Karmir will be the better man and not respond to your post.....

its a good topic, wouldn't want the mod to have to remove this....

Take yer 'illustrations' and shove them up yer ass, that's not at all my point. It's this bullshit of believing that because someone is not running 35"+ tires on locked full size axles, yer not 'wheelin.'

I never said that
your tire size will alow you to do much more difficault trails.... thats what i was saying

boy would I like to respond to your post.. but I would get off way to rude with people like you.

but out of respect to beez.

Im done with this thread.

Last edited:
I just want to protect the Jeep from damage....the wife says I'm not worth the money to build a cage (and I can do it myself!) But she would like for me to bring home the Jeep without damage...sounds like a custom (I am not going to use the term exo-cage here) external slider protection system (ESPS for short) Light weight with some thaught.......
Rick

well to throw a little different light on things.. I bought the cage tennesee off road sells.. i plan on throwing in the internal cage.. then doing a halo around the roof, then going down the a pillar cutting a hole for a tube in the fender.. going to the psuedo framerail.. then run tubing down the b pillar tied into my rockrails.. then finally tube from each rear corner of the halo down to my bumper in the back.. thus having a light duty exo and full internal cage... they kind of lend themselves to one another.. and if you look on the deja website and read about steve smith .. you'll understand why a good internal cage should be a must for everyone who wheels and alters thier vehicle's center of gravity and handling characteristics.. even if you are only " mall wheeling"

dave said:
well to throw a little different light on things.. I bought the cage tennesee off road sells.. i plan on throwing in the internal cage.. then doing a halo around the roof, then going down the a pillar cutting a hole for a tube in the fender.. going to the psuedo framerail.. then run tubing down the b pillar tied into my rockrails.. then finally tube from each rear corner of the halo down to my bumper in the back.. thus having a light duty exo and full internal cage... they kind of lend themselves to one another.. and if you look on the deja website and read about steve smith .. you'll understand why a good internal cage should be a must for everyone who wheels and alters thier vehicle's center of gravity and handling characteristics.. even if you are only " mall wheeling"

I would really do it this way. With 32s a huge honkin exo is gonna look rediculous, just my opinion and you may not care about looks. I don't know if yours is a dd or not.

KarmirXJ said:
exo24s.jpg

got any photos of how this ties in to the interior (shot from the inside)?

I second that statement!!! I roll on 32's and have done plenty of hardcore trails... also have seen people roll their rigs on not so hardcore trails.

In support of small tire wheelers the world over I'd like to remind you guys that Andy Couch wheeled with the 'wild bunch' of hardcores on BOTW1 & 2 (I think on 2). I followed him up Wrecking Ball and for a guy on 33's he sure doesn't get hung up much. :)

Now my opinion on the exo is that it's trash if it's not triangulated and something like the O-limp-ick exo will cause more damage then prevent. If you lean your lower quarter into that exo it's going to transfer the damage all the way up your quarter & maybe even take out the window. That thing is for mall wheelers only.

If you do an exo, tie it in through plates on the body either to an interior cage or run some supports across the interior to each side. This will keep it from smashing in on itself and actually do something for supporting itself. Sure you'll have to drill some holes in your body but it's better than little tube dimples all the way up the side of your body.

(Boy, and I thought I caught flack for knocking the stereo XJ last week..... :rolleyes: )

just to clear it up.. my pig is a DD .. and it'll be making a 12 hour trek to indiana next month when i move.. and my cage will be in before that...

furthermore, it sounds ridiculous for a non-member to go on saying which posts are a waste of bandwidth.....Naxja members pay for bandwidth, and we'll decide whose posts are inefficient.....

WELL SAID...... KarmirXJ from what I have seen if it just aint the way you would do it its gotta be wrong....you tend to be abusive to alot on these posts...maybe you should read what you write before you hit reply.

An exo if not tied in correctly into the body will not be of much good...I intend to exo the front of my MJ, I will tie it to a tube flat bed that will be on the frame, and tie into the B pillar on the roof and side, tie into the A pillar on the roof line bend and at the hood line with tube following the doors infront and rear fender tubes tied to front bumper and 1/4" rocker panels...for strength n a uni without an interior cage you must tie it into the strongest structure available and gusset as possible...tie ins should be flat plate both inside and outside of roof I plan to use 1/8" plate inside under headliner continious from plate to plate to spread the load from a pillar to b pillar

Back