• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

exo cage for XJ???

His is tied into this Warn front bumper and has a tire carrier mounted to the exo, but otherwise thats the c-rok exo-cage. Theon did remove the piece that goes vertically from the roof to the rocker rail between the doors because he flopped it and it bent into the pass rear door enough that the door couldn't open.

I saw that he also added a piece to the quarter panels making them "metal flares" Over all I really liked how his came out, especially since it's a 4 door, and painted black. Adding on to the c-rok cage shouldn't be hard right?

8wkwnl.jpg

meh

tools and good weld are well worth the $$$

Looking at the olympic cage a litte more closely, the rear part where the "ladder" is isn't even lined up correctly. As in, those step bars aren't parallel with the body lines... What an investment :rolleyes:

Investment?

I'd call it a cash flow device.

r@m

right now IM in the process of building a 2001 in pristine condition into a trail rig. For a customer. Im either gonna cage it inside or outside, and now leaning towards exo, to try to keep the body in decent shape for a little longer. Also the cage work if done right you can lay it over and still drive it without damage.

captionthis0cd.jpg

xjnation said:
right now IM in the process of building a 2001 in pristine condition into a trail rig. For a customer. Im either gonna cage it inside or outside, and now leaning towards exo, to try to keep the body in decent shape for a little longer. Also the cage work if done right you can lay it over and still drive it without damage.
I think that would be the best route, and coolest :D Can't wait to see what your cage ends up looking like.

xjj33p3r said:
I think that would be the best route, and coolest :D Can't wait to see what your cage ends up looking like.

I will bend it up myself. I do like a bunch of the features of the C-rok unit and will be using a halo upper like theirs. tied to the protofab tube style bumpers and 1/4" bent rocker guards. I do like c-roks gutter clamp stiffening system.

I thought I would rubber spacers bolted throught the roof etc with steel reinforcing panels on the inside. That would help absorb impact and transfer the stress throught the entire rig. do the roof a pillar, under doors at rocker guards, rear hatch pillar etc.

spunebil said:
This exo looks do able. I want to slide between trees and such with ease, plus this would help out with a full roll over. Does front tube tie into front bumper?

according to his website, the cage ties into both the front and rear bumpers, as well as the rocker guards

Good job bringing back a thread from 2 1/2 years ago:doh:

And also.... C-rok no longer make that exo cage.

Then they shouldn't mind if I build mine similer to their design. I think I will move top outer tube (fore and aft) out and a little lower so it helps protect the side as well as the top. 2 1/2 years old? It works for me:sunshine:

Good job bringing back a thread from 2 1/2 years ago:doh:

And also.... C-rok no longer make that exo cage.

How come they don't make them anymore?! I was fixing to buy one!:helpme:

Back