• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust Collapse?

After attending the NAXJA Moab event in 2008 the muffler inlet and outlet were cracked 3/4 around and the cat was rattling really bad on my '98 so I had the entire exhaust system redone with 2.5" pipe, Magniflow hi flow cat and Dynomax Hemi muffler. No dimples in the exhaust pipes....
There was a noticeable difference in power going thru the mountain passes on the way to Moab in 2009.

I'm going to see about getting one of my customers to change the front pipe to 2.5" on mine. If it works successfully I might look into doing a production of these to match the 2.5" mandrel tailpipes we are working on.

I'm going to see about getting one of my customers to change the front pipe to 2.5" on mine. If it works successfully I might look into doing a production of these to match the 2.5" mandrel tailpipes we are working on.

This would be fantastic! I think with some creative positioning, it can be done to fit on a stock height XJ. 2.25" mandrel bent would also be quite the improvement and provides a little more clearance than 2.5" pipe...if you need it.

Back