• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine Overhaul, What would you do?

Alright well after looking around a little bit, I don't think a stroker will be happening. I feel like it's too much money for my taste, and not exactly what I'm looking for. Seems like without some kind of piggyback engine management they can never really live up to their full potential.

So that being said, without stroking, what can I do to my 242 to bring back it's reliability, pep, and mileage. I want a little more power but don't want to sacrifice MPG so I'm looking for ideas.

So far I'm thinking some roller rockers, an e-fan, Maybe light-er weight pistons, a really good valve job, port/polished head, header, maybe a cam? Things like that. Trying to get rid of all the parasitic loss I can.

Just blueprint it. Parallel mill the head deck, CC the combution chambers, match and polish the ports. Isn't Maryland a little fussy about pollution checks? You might not want to stray too far from stock. Just build it the way it was designed to be built from the factory, but decrease all the tolerances.

Nah it's actually very lenient. One time vehicle inspection, and on OBD2 motors all they do is read your ECU and check your gas cap.

And yea, you have exactly the right idea. I want it to be new, but better than new :)

Back