• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EGR Delete? 90 4.0L

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDirtyCrew

NAXJA Forum User
After looking and reading very little about the EGR system on my 90 i get the bright idea to basically try an egr delete and see how it runs. I had the manifold off to replace the cracked exhaust manifold with a pacesetter 2.5" header so this was a perfect time to plug the hole in the bottom of the air manifold and pull the EGR valve off and build a block off plate. Got the plate built and bolted in place and wired up the O2 sensor. I also disconected the EGR solenoid and plugged the connections on the manifold where the vacume hose connected. So i thought i had everything covered but when i fired it up she is running ruff at idle and she smoothes out a little with throttle. Guess i should have asked u guys first but is this even possible and will the engine run a little better without all the emissions crap. Help me out here guys...

Ya, I got a "Warning" from sum other member in California! Saying it was a violation of federal law. Whatever.... Pretty stupid if u ask me but that is whats wrong with this country anyway. Especially California! Their hippy rules screwed up their own state and they just move to Colorado. Plus emissions testing is not in every county in Colorado! He is just playing "big brother" cause someone gave him a little power to delete peoples posts!

I'm glad you think that about the volunteer forum moderation team here.

I bet you could get a bit more power out of that thing if you swap to the HO ECU/wiring/engine management system and intake/throttle body - and you'll have more parts donors at the JY, too, and won't have to adjust the TPS anymore.

Oh, and the later years (91 and later) dumped EGR completely because they're more efficient/cleaner/more powerful and didn't need it anymore to pass emissions.

If that isn't win/win I don't know what is.

Ya, I got a "Warning" from sum other member in California! Saying it was a violation of federal law. Whatever.... Pretty stupid if u ask me but that is whats wrong with this country anyway. Especially California! Their hippy rules screwed up their own state and they just move to Colorado. Plus emissions testing is not in every county in Colorado! He is just playing "big brother" cause someone gave him a little power to delete peoples posts!

That was me, and I actually agree with everything you said... expect for the last sentence, of course. What I am actually doing is enforcing a forum rule which you have agreed to abide by, even though I may not agree with said forum rule, but I agreed to enforce those rules, so that's what I do, specifically when posts are reported.

I gave you a warning, instead of an infraction because I'm clearly drunk with power and I'm an affectionate drunk. I'm giving you two infractions now because I'm sober and you've shown that you have no respect for the forum rules you agreed to abide by.

Please abide by our rules or find another forum.

TIA, :thumbup:
Billy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back