• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Earthquake!

Yeah, a few things got knocked off the shelves in every room, new/bigger crack in my ceiling, still checking for gas smell from the heater.

I knew I felt a quake! My GF was sitting right next to me on the couch and she didn't feel anything!:dunno: ----------Hans

I knew I felt a quake! My GF was sitting right next to me on the couch and she didn't feel anything!:dunno: ----------Hans
Her suspension's built a little different than yours, Hans. My son had to mention it before I noticed anything...

Yeah, a few things got knocked off the shelves in every room, new/bigger crack in my ceiling, still checking for gas smell from the heater.

Dang Paul. Hope all is OK. Don't use a match to find the gas leak....:shocked:

I was watching a movie with my gf, I told her I farted. She almost believed it until she saw the tv moving, then I sprang up and made sure nothing happened to it. She was mad for a bit, she said "how come you didnt jump to save me?" I said "I'm still paying for the tv, i already have you".

Sig material!

nice!

Dang Paul. Hope all is OK. Don't use a match to find the gas leak....:shocked:

all is cool, scared the crap outta' my toddlers, we've been due for a while now. I don't think it's over yet.

I was watching a movie with my gf, I told her I farted. She almost believed it until she saw the tv moving, then I sprang up and made sure nothing happened to it. She was mad for a bit, she said "how come you didnt jump to save me?" I said "I'm still paying for the tv, i already have you".

damn right, priorities

all is cool, scared the crap outta' my toddlers, we've been due for a while now. I don't think it's over yet.

:shocked: - That hit pretty hard. I'm sure you and Brendan felt more than Kyung and I did.

...She was mad for a bit, she said "how come you didnt jump to save me?" I said "I'm still paying for the tv, i already have you".

CLASSIC... Just CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!! :roflmao:

E

Felt it real good in Lomita. I also jumped up to hold the TV and let out a loud WOO-HOO. My roommate doesn’t think earth quakes are fun, and went outside I went back to watching TV.

I felt it pretty good in Garden Grove. I watched my front door (was open during the quake) move for a good 5 - 7 minutes after the quake. Couldn't feel it still going, but there is no way that there was enough energy just from the quake to keep it moving slighly back and forth for that long. My roommate and I both noticed it at the same time, but on two different doors in the house.

Fun stuff. My wife didn't enjoy it very much though. The dog barked right before it happened but then just went along for the ride. The cats freaked out (good, little bastards.) No damage that I can find. Almost knocked over my soda though...I would have been sad. Would have been worse if it wasn't a Sunday night, cuz I wouldn't have been just soda...

we had rattling pots n pans. I went down to the garage and saw my wifes car wiggle about 2-3 inches back n forth. My happy DJ ball on my rear view mirror was swingin a couple of inches too. My cat disappeared for a while. Some of the stray cats outside climbed up some trees.

was a good shake for us and prolly the strongest I've felt so far since moving here.

Back