• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dynatrac D44 and Currie 9"

frijolee

NAXJA Forum User
Dynatrac D44 and Currie 9”

I was building up axles to go under my XJ when I decided to change directions and bought a rig in progress that I’ll be finishing up instead.

Front:
Dynatrac Pro44 Front (predecessor of the ProRock line)
Driver side drop
Reid Racing/Dedenbear knuckles setup for high steer
New Ox Locker, with cover, and cable (no shifter)
5:13 gears new
~64” WMS-WMS
6 lug toyota/chevy lug pattern (6x5.5)
3/8” wall tubes.
Dynatrac supplied shafts and CTM u-joint on the short side (30 spline inner and outer)
Missing long side shafts (inner/outer/joint/spindle).
Includes brake backing plates, rotors (11.75” diam) with hub, but no calipers.
Box of stock D44 spares. Could ream open a stock spindle to clear the 30 spline outer if desired rather than buying the missing one.
Knuckles have been clocked vs. pinion for a lifted rig.
Bare of pretty much any mounting at this point.

I’ve spoken to Dynatrac, they confirmed the axle is theirs. It was built in 2004 from all new components. If you could get everything today (which you can’t, hence Dynatrac now make their own cases) it would run $8500 to build. I'm not saying anyone in their right mind would pay that for a D44, but it still says it's good stuff. I have the specs needed for missing shaft.

Rear:
Currie fabricated Ford 9 inch rear end, big bearing setup
Back Braced with the added Oil Fill/Inspection Point
Extra skid reinforcement at the bottom of the housing.
35 spline Currie axles
Strange Engineering Pro Nodular Iron 3rd member with the 3.25” pinion bearings (to support the big shafts). It’s one of the best 3rds available… Strange Pro Iron 9" Nodular Iron Case 3.250" Bore - Iron Cases - 9" Center Sections / Components - Street / Track
5:14 gears new w/ spool (freshly assembled)
Aluminum Pinion Support (don’t know these well enough to be sure if it’s a “Daytona” style or not.)
~64” WMS-WMS
6 lug toyota/chevy lug pattern (6x5.5)
Includes leaf spring pads (~40.5” spacing to CL of pads), but setting up for links isn’t hard if you prefer.
Includes Currie’s disk brake setup (willwood calipers) and parking brake internals.
Need shaft bearings, seals, and assembly with the 3rd.
I have the open portions dusted in fogging oil and wrapped in syran wrap.
Disk brakes have surface rust on one side only, but should clean up fine.

$3800 for everything.

Prefer local pickup (Tustin, CA 92780) and selling all as a matched set, but if these are taking a while to move I can consider shipping with freight pickup from my workplace.

If they’re really taking a while to move, that’s the point I’d look at parting things out. Kind of a be a shame though, since it’s such a well matched setup and it took a great deal of looking and deal finding to get it together.

Contact Joel: 8183-two-66550

FrijAxles1.JPG

FrijAxles2.JPG

FrijAxles3.JPG

FrijAxles4.JPG

Back