• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dusy Ershim this Summer?

I think im in I have it on the calendar,I think leaving thursday night would be the best and get a early start friday morning.

Im with Jesse on This. The last thing we need is to be in a rush. I didnt like that the last time out.

Just did the math on Gas cost and round trip it would cost roughly $200 at a worse case scenario of 5 dollars a gallon x 20 gallons to get there. IM guesstimating this on a 15-16 MPG's that i think the heep gets. Add to that the cost of food and extra gas for wheeling and a possible hotel stay on the way back and its at around $400 for this trip.

Looks like ill be putting it on ze Credit Card. :p

Looks like things are coming together. Should be a good group and a fun run. This year I will have a truck and trailer. I wasn't a fan of driving back from the rubicon with my steering all bent up. Driving at 65 mph on the 395 for 8 hours with a bent track bar and drag link, and 2 damaged tie rod ends SUCKED. I would rather wheel hard and not have to worry about being able to drive it back. Is anyoe else considering towing their rig?

Looks like things are coming together. Should be a good group and a fun run. This year I will have a truck and trailer. I wasn't a fan of driving back from the rubicon with my steering all bent up. Driving at 65 mph on the 395 for 8 hours with a bent track bar and drag link, and 2 damaged tie rod ends SUCKED. I would rather wheel hard and not have to worry about being able to drive it back. Is anyoe else considering towing their rig?

Nope, dont have a trailer or a two rig :(

I will be flat towed.

That's fine but if you damage anything related to it being able to be flat towed then you will be SOL.

I am totally on board with the sentiment of not wanting to be rushed on the trail.

With that in mind, would it be better if we planned 4 days/3 nights on the trail? If all goes well, we could plan for one day of not driving... and if there are any unexpected delays, we would have some extra time built in.

I'm pretty flexible, so whatever will work for everyone is fine with me...

I'm fine with an extra day, but we would have to add it on Wednesday and not the following Monday. If we do Wednesday thru Sunday then I'm good.

Ok, does this work for everyone:

Leave SoCal on Wednesday, August 10th and camp at trail head. (I'll be working Wednesday, so probbaly won't be up there until late.)

On Thursday morning, we begin the trail.

We are on the trail from Thursday August 11 through Sunday August 14.

At that point, people can head back to So Cal, hotel it somewhere on the way back, or if anyone is interested in extending a couple days, we can explore the area a bit.

So, in short, the trail days will be Thursday-Sunday, August 11-14.

Everyone good with this?

Ok, does this work for everyone:

Leave SoCal on Wednesday, August 10th and camp at trail head. (I'll be working Wednesday, so probbaly won't be up there until late.)

On Thursday morning, we begin the trail.

We are on the trail from Thursday August 11 through Sunday August 14.

At that point, people can head back to So Cal, hotel it somewhere on the way back, or if anyone is interested in extending a couple days, we can explore the area a bit.

So, in short, the trail days will be Thursday-Sunday, August 11-14.

Everyone good with this?

I think taking one day off of driving to enjoy the area would be great. Sounds good so far.

Pending kids' college & summer activity schedule, I'm probably up for riding biyatch again--still on 31s (which sounds an inch or two too short for this trail), and don't have funds to fix anything I might break.

So if I don't have to move a kid to college that weekend, or pick a daughter up from a potential Summer College session at Stanford, or go with the other daughter on a trip to WA... I'd say I'm at 65% likely right now, and will know more mid-June after applications and crap are finalized.

I wish... then I'd just tell her no, she can't go to Stanford between 11th & 12th grade because...I'm spending the money on a summer in the Sierras...

Actually I don't wish. The grandparents (on both sides) rock, and are covering almost all college costs for all 3 kids. And my kids are diligently showing their appreciation (by doing well in school), so far. Of course, my son got enough grant & scholarship money that his tuition, dorm & meal plan are running a total of $500/month out-of-pocket. Not too shabby for UCSB, 19 meals a week, and a dorm room with an ocean view!

Pending kids' college & summer activity schedule, I'm probably up for riding biyatch again--still on 31s (which sounds an inch or two too short for this trail), and don't have funds to fix anything I might break.

So if I don't have to move a kid to college that weekend, or pick a daughter up from a potential Summer College session at Stanford, or go with the other daughter on a trip to WA... I'd say I'm at 65% likely right now, and will know more mid-June after applications and crap are finalized.

I thought we all agreed no chicks on this trip :p

Back