• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Duck Dynasty

tbburg

NAXJA Forum User
I don't watch the show, but I find it interesting that they can "fire" a family member of a "reality" show.

So will this be like the episode of Family Guy where they have a reality show based on the Griffen family and replace the unpopular Meg character with a more likable cuter new Meg?
Or will it be more like that MTV disaster centered on the Osbourns where they had to edit out all the family's interactions with their second daughter because she refused to be part of the show.

I personally think it would be hilarious if each of the other family members walked in and said,"Hey, you know, without dad, I'm out. See ya" and walked off set.
As high as ratings are for the show, it would be fun to watch the people at A&E getting whiplash from their change of position.

Thoughts?

I think they will walk off.Dad still owns the company and A&E can't stop him from being around, plus he(phil-dad) can tell them to get the hell out of his business and stay out. You know his kids will back there pops on that.

Who cares. The show is dumb anyways. Honey boo boo, now that's a show we should all be Watchin.

They gone! And good for them. The Robertsons don't need that BS. Quality down-home folks that have done more good for their community than any of those empty suites at A&E ever have.

443d6995927763657b96b0d9a05a0bcd_zps81806ef4.jpg

And here I was thinking I'd get away without this spilling over on to NAXJA! :doh:

It's funny how the people who preach tolerance so much are the most intolerant.:flame:

I have watched maybe 15 minutes of their show in total but the guy is entitled to his opinion and faith. He only said that he believes it is a sin. The bible says drinking too much and eating to much is a sin as well. Everybody feels free to bash that.

I personally agree with him and I am getting sick and tired of people trying to force their lifestyle down my throat. What they do is their business until they try to bring it into my yard.

It's funny how the people who preach tolerance so much are the most intolerant.:flame:

I have watched maybe 15 minutes of their show in total but the guy is entitled to his opinion and faith. He only said that he believes it is a sin. The bible says drinking too much and eating to much is a sin as well. Everybody feels free to bash that.

I personally agree with him and I am getting sick and tired of people trying to force their lifestyle down my throat. What they do is their business until they try to bring it into my yard.

x1,342,467,957,346,234

I totally agree with old_man.

I'm a little confused by A&E's position on this. They hired a religious redneck that makes duck calls to do a TV show about religious rednecks that make duck calls, and are upset that they got a religious redneck that makes duck calls?

Seems like they have their panties in a twist because they got what they paid for. I hope the Robertson's ditch A&E and take their show somewhere else.

x1,342,467,957,346,234

+1

i don't want the show to go away, then id have to explain to people that i have a beard because i want to, not just to look like one of the duck guys from TV. apparently its ok to have a beard if you're trying to look like a reality tv star, but not if you just want a beard.:D

I'm a little confused by A&E's position on this. They hired a religious redneck that makes duck calls to do a TV show about religious rednecks that make duck calls, and are upset that they got a religious redneck that makes duck calls?

Seems like they have their panties in a twist because they got what they paid for. I hope the Robertson's ditch A&E and take their show somewhere else.

They won't continue the show I don't think, they are to "ordinary" I am sure the cameras following them has gotten old.

though i don't totally agree with Phil's point of view, i totally support his right to have it and voice it. i figured it was a matter of time before someone from that show opened their mouths and was quoted for something politically incorrect.
what the network didnt count on was their inability to edit everything this family does outside of their show.
this is just as ridiculous as the Paula Dean fiasco.
good for the family for sticking together, Boo to the network for pretending they didnt know who they were making $$ off of and throwing him to the wolves to save face.

Great point of view.. Love it:D

We're talking about his belief that black people were happier and holier under Jim Crow laws, right? ;)

We're talking about his belief that black people were happier and holier under Jim Crow laws, right? ;)

Really, are you serious with this comment? If I find historical evidence of any black person in the United States being happy prior to the 13th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, then by your reasoning it means all black people were happy before the abolishment of slavery. Try reading the interview in context next time.

Really, are you serious with this comment? If I find historical evidence of any black person in the United States being happy prior to the 13th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, then by your reasoning it means all black people were happy before the abolishment of slavery. Try reading the interview in context next time.

you do realize Darky is a large black man, right? I'm pretty sure that was tongue in cheek ;)

you do realize Darky is a large black man, right? I'm pretty sure that was tongue in cheek ;)

I don't see how the skin color of the person making the comment has any bearing. It certainly doesn't bestow entitlement or relief from responsibility. And while it might have been intended as tongue in cheek, I suspect there's a perceived element of truth; otherwise, he probably wouldn't have said it. However, I recognize that I may be wrong and will own up to it. I still think the comment was in poor taste. It's just what the leftists need to incite more hate.

Back