• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drill Nibbler

I have one and have used it to trim my fenders and to make patch panels. Be sure to buy extra cutting bits. Cutting does take some getting used to, you have to get the cutting head angled to make smooth fast cuts. Way cheaper than my Hitachi electric nibbler($300.00)!

So it trims fenders pretty nice. That's mainly what I want to get it for.
I guess it's like any new tool, if you haven't used it before don't try it for the first time on the finished product. Takes some practice?

Who carries the cutters? How much?

I'm in the "I have one too" club ;) Not that brand but something similar. Works awsome, trimmed many fenders with that thing.

IMG_0061.sized.jpg

Power nibblers have been used in sheet metal biz for years. Buy an extra set of cutters when you order one, they do wear out. Make sure to keep the nibbler lubed.
I also use hand nibblers. They are real handy when working with small pieces of sheet metal. You can drill a small hole in sheet metal and insert the hand nibbler into it. Good for cutting holes for rocker switches and the like.
See
http://www.wicksaircraft.com/catalog/product_cat.php/subid=2905/owe

I have the pneumatic nibbler and pneumatic air shears,
I prefer the shears they actually cut, the nibbler is a die punch setup, but more or less they both work well, I just find it easier to turn corners and make round edges with my shears. But I think the shears displace more metal then the nibblers, but not 100%sure on that. Anything that cuts and doesn't distort the metal should work well....

I ordered extra cutting bits through Eastwood, I think I bought 3 or 4, they gave me a pretty good deal when I bought them.

I think Sears may also carry them.

Good little tool for the dollar.

Back