• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Doomed... I have another XJ!

OK, you have been drinking eh? LOL.

And I am not THAT damned old. I still remember you and Remi calling me at home once upon a time to help diagnose a front-end clunk after you two came off a trail. I told ya how to diagnose the track-bar. See, I do remember some stuff. :) Old eh?? :passgas:

Great! I always feel nervous rolling into the testing bay.

I knew you had dine repair in the past but wasn't sure how long agoghat was, you are awfully old after all.

Looks nice. welcome back!

I am so glad to be rid of my old Renex powered Jeeps. I always hated to get my emissions test. Gotta love OBD II. Check engine light on...no pass. No check engine light...nothing to worry about.

I do not mind renix, has had several and no issues that could not easily be cured. Now that I think about it, I have only had one non-renix jeep.

I am so glad to be rid of my old Renex powered Jeeps. I always hated to get my emissions test. Gotta love OBD II. Check engine light on...no pass. No check engine light...nothing to worry about.

OK, you have been drinking eh? LOL.

Phone typing sucks.

And I am not THAT damned old. I still remember you and Remi calling me at home once upon a time to help diagnose a front-end clunk after you two came off a trail. I told ya how to diagnose the track-bar. See, I do remember some stuff. :) Old eh?? :passgas:

Yup, we were all newbs once. That was my first experience with Death Wobble, somebody who has become something like an old friend by now.

In your area maybe ;)

My '96 still has to run on the treadmill. They do the simple MIL check for new vehicles though, not sure what the exact cutoff is though.

I love my Renix Jeep. Once you get used to the system it's pretty easy to keep in top shape, the only reason I've had issues in the past was because I used to limp that thing along so much on shoddy maintenance. Now that it's a secondary vehicle I find that I have the time to give it the attention it deserves.

Took it out for a little off-pavement time this morning before it got too hot. It did pretty well in the soft sand, considering I have not put in the front driveshaft yet, nor did I air down.

Pretty cool view from up there.

DSCN0034.jpg

DSCN0033.jpg

DSCN0032.jpg

DSCN0031.jpg

DSCN0030.jpg

Took it out for a little off-pavement time this morning before it got too hot. It did pretty well in the soft sand, considering I have not put in the front driveshaft yet, nor did I air down.

Pretty cool view from up there.

DSCN0034.jpg

DSCN0033.jpg

DSCN0032.jpg

DSCN0031.jpg

DSCN0030.jpg

Ugh I wanna go?!?!?!?!
Haha hey Glenn check out Cherokeeforum.com
a lot of abq doods post up there.
Well more then here at least Hahaha

Not a good idea to be advocating running a gutted cat 'round these here parts, Mario. Violation of Fed Law. Don't do it again.

Glenn, high HC..... just running rich? Leaky injectors, maybe?

Yeah but its all I got.
I know a Guy with a registered Willy's with a richined kubota tractor motor he daily drives
That thing shoots more smoke then an old steam engine.
I imagine that's worse then my situation...
Where I live we Dont require emissions, inspections or anything.

Plus I didnt gut my cat out willingly. I noticed a rattling noise one day and took off my cat to investigate and when I pulled it off it all fell out then my muffler fell off dude to a shitty rusted clamp and I don't have a welder or my tools (they're at my work and I'm too busy to work on my own car)

Thanks Alex! Yup, did a little exploring out there today.

I might be down your neck of the woods next week... when I find out what my schedule is, might be able to get together for lunch.

Congrats Glenn, on finding an XJ and getting it to pass smog too! It looks like you have found your way to the Puerco already. :)

Back