• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DOM - Group buy

No worries Chris.

Connor, I can't guarantee that I'll have any left over... It's too hard to tell. But if do, then we can definitely work something out.

I am not quite sure how to do the payment stuff. I dont know if I want to do paypal because I can't transfer the money into a bank account (correct me if I'm wrong). Any ideas?

Yes, you CAN transfer to your account that is linked. It usually takes a couple days to process.

Ok back to the top. Sorry about the delay, been very busy.

As of now it looks like the order will be:

Me - 5 sticks (might mix in some .95 HREW)
Rocknzj - 1 stick 1.5" .120" DOM
Vets xj - 5 sticks 1.5" .120" DOM
Joe - 5 sticks 1.5" .120" DOM
Josh - 5 sticks 1.5" .120" DOM

Paging Billy. Paging Billy.

1.5" .120" DOM should stay at - $2.63/ft but I will get one more quote before its final.

Let me know ASAP if you guys are still in/want to change your order/want to back out.

As I said earlier, the sticks range in length from 17-25' but were averaging at 25' last I called. This may change, and your individual lengths may vary.

Give me a call if you have any questions, or if you just want to make sure I am not going to steal your money to use as jeep funds. (925) 819 1273 - Kevin

Also, we need a shipping/pick up point in Sacramento. Is anyone willing to hold on to some tube until the reno guys can come grab it?

Kevin- whats the price on the 095 wall HREW, I might rather have two sticks of that vs. all five DOM? Let me know...
Bryan

Ok back to the top. Sorry about the delay, been very busy.

As of now it looks like the order will be:

Me - 5 sticks (might mix in some .95 HREW)
Rocknzj - 1 stick 1.5" .120" DOM
Vets xj - 5 sticks 1.5" .120" DOM
Joe - 5 sticks 1.5" .120" DOM
Josh - 5 sticks 1.5" .120" DOM

Paging Billy. Paging Billy.

1.5" .120" DOM should stay at - $2.63/ft but I will get one more quote before its final.

Let me know ASAP if you guys are still in/want to change your order/want to back out.

As I said earlier, the sticks range in length from 17-25' but were averaging at 25' last I called. This may change, and your individual lengths may vary.

Give me a call if you have any questions, or if you just want to make sure I am not going to steal your money to use as jeep funds. (925) 819 1273 - Kevin

Shoot! Yes! I'm here! I'll measure tomorrow morn and hit ya up.
Thanks!
Billy

Oh, geeze! I'm sorry for leaving you hanging so long! I've just been burred and forgot to check in on this. I'd love to get 3 sticks of 1.50", .120 wall DOM and 1 stick of 1.50", .188 wall DOM, if it's not too late.

My house (in Cameron Park) probably isn't the closest place to most of you Sacto guys, but if they need a single delivery location, you're welcome to have them deliver it here.

Thanks a bunch,
Billy

Last edited:
So I have been trying to figure out how to do this deal, but it doesn't seem possible for me to collect the money, and distribute the tube properly from so far away from the delivery point.

What we are going to need is somebody in the Sacramento area who is willing to collect money, have the tube delivered to their place, and distribute the tube to people as they come pick it up. This person will have to collect an estimated amount of money (because the tube lengths are random) from each person, and will have to work out the minute monetary details in person when the tube is picked up.

Say, for example, Joe pays for 5 sticks of tube assuming the tubes are 20' each, but the tubes end up being 18' or 23'. The person collecting the money and distributing the tube will have to either collect more money from Joe, or give some back.

Can anybody take this on? It just is not practical for me to do this from over 100 miles away.

Understandable! I could do it if you all wanna pick your tube up in Cameron Park. I'll have no means what-so-ever of delivering it after it's dropped off.

If somebody else wants to do it, I'm all for it! Honestly, I'd rather deal with the hassle of picking up my order across town than collecting all the money, and distributing the orders, but I don't want to see this deal die either... I need to start working on that cage.

LMK,
Billy

So I have been trying to figure out how to do this deal, but it doesn't seem possible for me to collect the money, and distribute the tube properly from so far away from the delivery point.

What we are going to need is somebody in the Sacramento area who is willing to collect money, have the tube delivered to their place, and distribute the tube to people as they come pick it up. This person will have to collect an estimated amount of money (because the tube lengths are random) from each person, and will have to work out the minute monetary details in person when the tube is picked up.

Say, for example, Joe pays for 5 sticks of tube assuming the tubes are 20' each, but the tubes end up being 18' or 23'. The person collecting the money and distributing the tube will have to either collect more money from Joe, or give some back.

Can anybody take this on? It just is not practical for me to do this from over 100 miles away.

If it cant happen i will not be bummed out. It would be nice but not a deal breaker.

Id hate for a deal like this to fall through too, but we will see where this goes. With the big group, it got down to $2.4X/ft and by myself I can get 5 sticks of 1.5" .120" wall for 2.8Xish. If nobody wants to take over, you all could buy individually - it is still cheaper than most places. Just $20 shipped to your door as far as Sacramento.

Not sure yet. Prob A stick of HREW, even though I won't need a full stick. Just want to put some tube on a front bumper for a radiator hoop and small hoop. So I don't need DOM.

Do you have a bender? If so could we just bend it at your place? If so you would be my hero.

Well, I do have a bender w/ 1.25" and 1.5" dies (and a 1" square die) but it's lent out at the moment. Not only that, but I have ZERO spare time on my hands lately, so I would love to help, but I can't commit right now. If you wanted to just come over and use the bender (without me needing to be there), you're more than welcome to do that (once Jon is done with it).
Billy

Id hate for a deal like this to fall through too, but we will see where this goes. With the big group, it got down to $2.4X/ft and by myself I can get 5 sticks of 1.5" .120" wall for 2.8Xish. If nobody wants to take over, you all could buy individually - it is still cheaper than most places. Just $20 shipped to your door as far as Sacramento.

Hmmmm... that's like a $40-$50 savings for my order, plus the delivery charge would be split up a bunch of ways...

How does everyone feel about picking up their tube in Cameron Park? If it's too far, then I'll stop worrying about it.

Thanks,
Billy

dude im so sorry billy i havent done any bending in a while. i might get some done this weekend..

ok cool. i plan to have it done by then.

im ok to pick up in cameron park. But if this falls out its cool. I might still order alone.

Back