• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Doing commander headlights on my 88

What do the lights actually mount too? Did you have to fabricate brackets?

Thanks,

JOhn

How are these mounted?

Can someone answer how these are mounted? Take pics of brackets?

IMG_1584.jpg

CUSTOM INGENUITY... rockcrawler here appears to have fab'd brackets that screw into the headlight housing & to the fender/front clip core support

kosmik probably did it differently... & i'm positive there's 103 different ways to do it

i assume alignment is a bit more of a task, since the spring adjusters are eliminated (?)

From a Commander? Salvage yard or ebay?

There are also these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/310476183929 if you want the look without work. The only thing they are missing are "evil eyes".

However, I doubt the optics are any good.

where did you get the headlight conversion ? i've been looking for one ,but i'm having no luck

THEY ARE FROM A JEEP COMMANDER. Which part of that do you not understand?

Ok so you have to give up either low or high beams to use for blinkers? Am I reading this right? Are there a lot of wiring changes to make tues work or will the stock stuff work? I'm not very good with auto electrical.

I am interested in seeing more on the fitment of the lights, required cutting, mounting options. bumps along the way?
I know its an old post, but I am considering this option. it looks so good on a stock XJ.

so if anyone happens to know of an informative thread. thanks

Hello all new here, I got hooked on kosmiks look and decided to give it a shot.. its only a header panel and Iam back to stock, I like it, its different. I HAD to keep them in the header panel its just sitting in there in this pic. not mounted just floating. I know these will never be aimed correctly. but to each their own

ujrw3g5.jpg
[/IMG]

Hello all new here, I got hooked on kosmiks look and decided to give it a shot.. its only a header panel and Iam back to stock, I like it, its different. I HAD to keep them in the header panel its just sitting in there in this pic. not mounted just floating. I know these will never be aimed correctly. but to each their own

ujrw3g5.jpg
[/IMG]

Looks pretty cool.
I'd like to see any pics (or even drawings) of how you put it together, even the back of the light-assembly.

BTW - I hear they are self-aiming lights, so maybe they will be 'aimed correctly'?

Back