• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DO YOU THINK 37S ARE TO BIG??

will, hey i tried to shoot you an email about your old cherokee but you must have changed it. i wanted to know if those were 36" iroks you were running and how you liked your coils in the rear. your jeep looked like a slinky in some pics i found.

Tintr said:
i have chromoly inner shafts front and rear. my front is aslo a ruby axle.

thats a good enough reason to keep 35's right there. 37's on d30 outers (with stock shafts, u say u only have chromo inners) is not going to last long.

The entire carrier.I've seen them split in two as I'm sure you have.Its just one more weak point.If he has chromo's already on the inside he is slowly moving the weak point to the carrier and the gears.

I would suggest you think awhile on it.

If you aren't going to be doing much in the way of trails go ahead but you did say you were thinking of more technical rockcrawling. With more (& bigger) rocks ahead of you I would not do it unless you were prepared to swap to 1 ton axles also.

39.5's and full width axles. Your stock axles won't appreciate 37's unless it's a pavement princess...then go for it (as other mentioned above)
Cyns+XJ.jpg

AKBearMoose said:
39.5's and full width axles. Your stock axles won't appreciate 37's unless it's a pavement princess...then go for it (as other mentioned above)

And we care what your Jeep looks like because?I don't remember him asking for pictures of others vehicles.

And why in gods name would you be running Mickey T Baja tires for?You out dune running?

Wil Badger said:
And we care what your Jeep looks like because?I don't remember him asking for pictures of others vehicles.

And why in gods name would you be running Mickey T Baja tires for?You out dune running?

lol You're such and fine, dandy person... lol I thought Baja Claws looked different than that...?

37's on a rubi 44 makes my skin crawl.

coast side of the low pinion ring gear. dana 30 balljoints and knuckles..

I went from 35" MTR's to 37" MTR's on my 4 door, It's been fine so far, but is a bit much fot the Cherokee. Side wall is a little much for 15" tires on the street. If i was to do it again i woulf stay with the 35's

thanks for picking apart my post....i do have chromo outers but they came with the warn locking hub kit. didnt know i had to be that technical. Its no princess but i dont like doing things 15 times before i get where i want to be. i started with stock everything, went to 31s upgraded again to 33s now have 35s and dont want to upgrade gears, axles, and everything else anymore. want to do it right and leave it so thats why im asking.

Wil Badger said:

This isn't Pirate buckwheat...

i would stick with 35's just for the sake of less stress which would be less broken parts. 37's would look better but i think you would get better performance on the 35's

It's all in how you wheel... if you're a hammer down kind of guy I wouldnt do it... If you can finess your way up and only hammer on it when you have to.. go for it... warranty shafts are great..

Back