• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DIY tube doors

I have them because I layed over softly on a climbing secition of a trail that had a digout between to big ass trees. When it layed over I was pummled with a root that nearly broke my femur. Had I had the tube on there it would have prevented that section from possibly doing what it did. So I decided to build it. Will that tube door save me from being hurt? Probably not! Does it make me feel better then having nothing at all? Hell yes! For me its more of a comfort factor. I dont wheel any harder cause I have it just adds a little security and piece of mind. (Plus it makes the wife feel safe when she rides in it)

buzzbombxj said:
I have a total of 68 cents into mine. I didnt have a bender, so at one point i cut a bit out and bent and welded. I may look like i build it out of free scrap, (i did) but that square tube looks like ass! Not actualy "tube doors", technicly pipe doors, sch 40. The hinge and top peices are about 1 7/8'', and the bottom and latch bar are about 1 5/8''

Still need to work out a mirror, i have one for when i am doorless, but It goes into the hinge pin hole so it doesent work with the tube doors.

Could you just drill a hole in the top of the tube door and place the mirror in it that way? Sve you from making another set and you would be able to still use it when the doos come off or when you hit the trails take it off. just my 0.02.

Back