• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

94XJ transmission dipstick tube wont completely seat

LK22

NAXJA Forum User
I did a transmission fluid change on my 94xj and when I removed the pan I had to stand in the pan and pull quite hard to separate the dipstick tube at the coupling. Then when I reinstalled everything the tubes wouldn't sear fully together again. There's about a 1/2in until the bump of the top tube meets the flare on the bottom tube. No leaks so functionally fine but I'm worried about fluid reading. Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

Pretty typical, the only fix now involves pulling the trans pan again. You would need to powerbush the inside of the pan tube and the od of the top tube and then use a good anti-seize for the future dis-assembly!

Pretty typical, the only fix now involves pulling the trans pan again. You would need to powerbush the inside of the pan tube and the od of the top tube and then use a good anti-seize for the future dis-assembly!
So it definitely would affect my fluid reading? You think I could just unbolt the top half and try to twist it down in or too risky?

Also would it be possible to just run it as is and factor in how much the connection is off to the dipstick and then fix on next fluid change? I.e. if the top tube is a half inch off of full seat, the fluid on the stick is a half inch higher than it appears.

Back