• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Disc Brake-> Brake Lines

JAS

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,

I have been reading alot on the brake conversions and I see that for the D44 we have ZJ, Exploder, and CV.

I have the CV parts in my garage and they bolt up pretty good for the dry fitting, however my CV parts are loaded with Metric parts and the soft lines appear to be metric.

The axle junction block is standard

In all of my posts I see lots of people doing the conversion and one of the last build up posts says... All that I have to do is plumb my brakes.

My searches of Summit and Jegs do not seam to offer any standard-metric conversion fittings for brakes.

What are people doing for brake lines?

Thanks

Jeff

I got my fittings at NAPA. Take the soft line in & match them up. Different years need different fittings. JIM.

i tried multiple times to flare tubing, can-not do it!
on my first d44, brakelines were the hardest part, held up the progress for a while actually.
went to a local pepboys and asked them who they'd use to fix the line, they directed me to a small single guy radiator shop that also does hydralic lines, brake lines, etc! his buisness card lists him as 'hose express' i kid you not.
hes done two d44s for me, nothing fancy, but i dont gotta flare a thing!

I bent and flared my own hard lines(ZJ disc conversion) just for giggles. The first one had a slight leak, the second worked great.
I just bought premade lines from Napa(one end was guaranteed leak free), cut them to length, bend to fit, then re-flared the end I cut off.
You could do the same, you'd just need two extra parts - metric fittings for the metric hoses.

Back