• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Diff protection

Droopy76

NAXJA Forum User
I have been shopping for some diff protection, and I'm torn between the Riddler diff covers and RuffStuff. I really like the looks of the Riddler covers, but it's not all about looks right? They will both be about the same price, so I guess what I want to know is will one help strengthen the diff housing more than the other? Give me your opinions. Thanks.

I have been shopping for some diff protection, and I'm torn between the Riddler diff covers and RuffStuff. I really like the looks of the Riddler covers, but it's not all about looks right? They will both be about the same price, so I guess what I want to know is will one help strengthen the diff housing more than the other? Give me your opinions. Thanks.

There is a 10% discount on RuffStuff if you are a NAXJA member!

x40 on ruffstuff if you have any problem dan will take care of it no questions asked

Another x2 on RuffStuff....

The ruff stuff covers are awesome... i went wheeling last week and and hit some huge rocks and sliding down a hill on ice. I was clearing 40-60 pound rocks at 10 MPH and all it did was remove the paint, it did not scratch the cover, just pulled the paint off in a few areas.

Ruff stuff with counter sunk, and drain plug = amazing!!

Whichever one is the smooth one

Edit: That would be Riddler
riddler_2.JPG

Two things that the RS cover has over the Riddler, 1) counter sunk holes to help reduce ring gear deflection 2) no drain plug option which helps reduce maintenance time. A third thing would be if (and thats a big "IF"), you ever did gash the cover you could easily weld it up since it is steel instead of cast.

I do recommend Lube Locker gaskets with either of these covers to prevent seepage of lube, RTV will not get the job done for long.

Whichever one is the smooth one

Edit: That would be Riddler
riddler_2.JPG

Lube lockers are amazing! And they are reusable.

The only down side to the Ruff Stuff covers is that you need to paint them since they come with out any finish. And I doubt many people want a big ugly rusted cover… It would be worth an extra 10-15 bucks in my opinion if Ruff Stuff covers had a 3rd option for powder coating…

Id rather go get a can of spray paint for $5 and touch it up when needed than spend $15 on a coating from factory. That is just me though. Its hard to get a coating that will hold up to the abuse.

Ruff Stuff......hands down.

i use ruffstuff on my heep.
100% bulletproof!
if you damage one of Dan's covers that would be the least of your problems cause you probably destroyed the axle prior to hurting his armor! they are that strong!

I have a Ruff stuff on the back on my 44, but im wondering because I just put Oneton, OTK steering will a ruff stuff cover fit the front 30?

Do you guy's have any problems getting the RuffStuff covers to seal?

RuffStuff and a Lubelocker gasket and you're good to go!

Back