• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Delugged boggers is the difference noticeable???

Elohim1

NAXJA Forum User
I am buying some new Boggers and was wandering if anyone has removed the smaller lugs on them ??

My question is, Was there a noticable difference for the better?

Thanks

Elohim1 said:
I am buying some new Boggers and was wandering if anyone has removed the smaller lugs on them ??

My question is, Was there a noticable difference for the better?

Thanks

Depends, What is better in your idea? what i mean is what do you hope to have happen by doing this? I have run 2 sets of boggers now and so can give you some idea of what they can and can't do.

Dingo

Some guys locally that run in mud drags improve their grip by doing this. In offroad situations you may in some cases and not in others. I know grooving them in the opposite direction of the tread really improves lateral stability.

Dingo509 said:
Depends, What is better in your idea? what i mean is what do you hope to have happen by doing this? I have run 2 sets of boggers now and so can give you some idea of what they can and can't do.

Dingo

I suppose what I mean when I say "better". I mean the ability to make your way through thick, soupy, mud , "Better" than if you had not have trimmed them. Also, do they "clean out", easier with wheel spin, when the lugs have been removed. I have been getting stuck in thick mud at the foot of hills with my current MTR's. My boggers are on the way and I want to utilize them to their full potential. The Cherokee has air lockers front and rear.

If anyone has any pics of boggers grooved as AJSarmor has stated , I would appreciate it. Or for that matter , any pics of grooved boggers.

Thanks

check out pirate4x4.com

Unless you have super low gears and extra ponies cutting the extra lugs out will make them bite in enough that spinning them in gooey mud will become a challenge. You will also loose traction on rock and other slippery hard surfaces.

For all purpose use the best thing you can do for them is sipe them and then cut a 1/4" wide by 1/4" deep trench along the length of each lug, spliting it into two.
If you are only running mud then I say don't mess with them.

doesnt dan dibble have the small lug removed? he runs on rocks too and seems to do fairly well

Ramsey said:
doesnt dan dibble have the small lug removed? he runs on rocks too and seems to do fairly well
Yes he does. He does however have a big block and Rockwells, so he can mash down when he gets stuck. Search on pirate for sipping and you will find some stuff. HTH

a very good point and mash on it he does

Back