• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DD tires?

need-a-bow

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Hey guys, i was wondering what everyone is running as far as tires around here. I have a 3" lift on my 98 sport eith the stock size 235/75R15 in Destination ATs. I will be shopping for new tires when the new year comes, as well as getting a pair of treadwright guard dogs to match my MTR(old pattern) i have laying around. I have stock 3:55 gearing on an AW4, and this is my daily driver to and from work. Thinking of getting 31x10.5R15s but nit sure whether i want ATs or MTs. I do a lot of highway driving, but want to be able to to do easy trails when i get bored(my used MTs will go on for mudding and such), bjt id like something thats good on the rocks, and in the snow. I think ive got it down to WildPeak ATs, Destination ATs or Grabber AT2s. What do tou guys recommend? I live in the NW chicago suburbs but this XJ will be going to mexico a time or 2

My roommate runs general grabber AT2's. They are smooth on the highway. He doesn't wheel his XJ. They were on sale on tire rack the other day. Me personally I DD on 33x10.5 KM2's. It's not that bad and they last a long time.

The popular AT these days seems to be the Goodyear Duratrac. Been real pleased with the 33s on my 99, on and off road.

I almost bought a set of Duratracs but the 8hr round trio was a deal breaker. I like duratracs but they cost $40-60 more per tire that the ATs i found, which is a deal breaker for a half broke kid like me.

hankook atm rf10
better than the wildpeaks. magical in snow, wheeled harlan rocks.

I have both.

Yes, you'll be fine on AT's.

My roommate runs general grabber AT2's. They are smooth on the highway. He doesn't wheel his XJ. They were on sale on tire rack the other day. Me personally I DD on 33x10.5 KM2's. It's not that bad and they last a long time.

I run 35x12.50r15 Grabber AT2s with carbide studs as my winter tires here in Colorado. Even with the studs in them they balanced easier and drive smoother than my old BFG Mud Terrains did and they have pretty good traction for trail cruising as well.

This storm is my first chance to really drive them every day since I bought them last summer during the combined Sears summer tire sale coinciding with the General Tire rebate deal. If I had known they were so smooth and well behaved I might have bought another set without studs to run as my commuter tires.

Last edited:
Back