• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DD Dana 44 advice TL:DR

Haven't replaced shoes yet, although I have to adjust them every few trips.
I would think explorer brakes would be worse, having the dumb wrap around dust shields.
i dunno, i had an exploder with a stick shift and never had to adjust them

Finding a full width 44 is difficult.

Can find loads of 60 and 14 bolts and jk axles here and there but nothing for 44 full width.

And for full with I'd have to shortn or something because its going to be my daily driver so has to be legal.

Shortning a 60 and 14 bolt seems kinda retarded lol

Finding a full width 44 is difficult.

Can find loads of 60 and 14 bolts and jk axles here and there but nothing for 44 full width.

And for full with I'd have to shortn or something because its going to be my daily driver so has to be legal.

Shortning a 60 and 14 bolt seems kinda retarded lol
i had an issue finding a full width 44 for while. took me 4+ months to find the one i have, and it's the kind with the crappy cast spring pertches so i have to retube it. got sick of looking though, so i said screw it and went with this. it'll work fine though.

i had an issue finding a full width 44 for while. took me 4+ months to find the one i have, and it's the kind with the crappy cast spring pertches so i have to retube it. got sick of looking though, so i said screw it and went with this. it'll work fine though.

Ya thats why i was looking at jk axles. Re-perch it and you have a .... nice.... kinda 44 front and rear for around 3000. or a tj and xj 44. but there pretty shitty so i dunno.

Why did tj axles have to be imposter 44's >.> ha ha.

Does anyone make fender flairs that would cover full width? i would consider full width if i could make em legal without having to pay someone to resize it. Would just irritate me ha ha.

If you run the Ford radius arms, you don't have to retube. Old man is running his that way and has no complaints.

If you run the Ford radius arms, you don't have to retube. Old man is running his that way and has no complaints.
i want it shortened, and i'm anal like that :D
besides, just burned out the rosettes....

This guy said he has a HP44 front and D60 rear.

I never seen anyone shorten a 60 so are these full still full widths and shortened with flairs will look like or is it shortened?

2mzh8l.jpg

was that build thread on jeepforum? I believe those are still full width, with bushwacker fender flares. As a cheaper alternative, you could also use TJ flares to cover up your tires.

This guy said he has a HP44 front and D60 rear.

I never seen anyone shorten a 60 so are these full still full widths and shortened with flairs will look like or is it shortened?

2mzh8l.jpg

I pretty much followed this build for my rig. Those are full width axles (67" WMS) with 5" offset wheels, bushwacker flares and 37's. I run the same exact set up except with a 35 spline 9 inch in the rear.

Op, if you want do run 33s just do a 4" lift and run them till something breaks. Then you'll know what you should have upgraded.

Souske, you can run high backspacing wheels on a full width 60 but then you run into other issues like having to cut the steering arm off so that H1 bead locks fit.

I'm really only going to run 33's if I go 44's. If I get full widths I would feel its a waste on such a small tire so I'd go 35's on. 6.5 lift then when it getss all bunged up ill chop and tube it and make a buggy.

Back