• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 Disco to Non-Disco

ChuckD said:
This info comes from the CR catalog and from the 4WD shop in Tulare. I have not actually purchased the seal from Kragen. You know how it is sometimes, you don't always get the right part form the store.

True, true.

Im going to attempt to get the seal this weekend, I will keep you guys posted on all my progress on this and maybe even do a write up.

:)

HodgePodge said:
napa has the seal for $7.99 as apposed to the current partsamerica price of $9.79.

Cool, I wonder what price it will be here, lol :D

Welp, I bit the bullet and shelled out the 30$ for the Warn seals, so I wouldnt have a prob getting them in and whatnot (I want to make this as easy as possible)

However, I did not pay the 20$ they wanted for a peice of steel (blockoff), Ill just do that my self.

Another Q though, I was reading an article on doing this delete, and it says that installing the seals can be a task, so you need a special tool.

Do any of y'all know what Im talking about? Do you think Id be able to rent it from Pep Bois/Autozone/Checker?

Damn Warn seals! They aint going in. Are seals supposed to go in difficultly? Is there a trick? Any info would help.

hjeepxj said:
Damn Warn seals! They aint going in. Are seals supposed to go in difficultly? Is there a trick? Any info would help.

The one inner seal on the passenger side I found was a bit of a PITA. Get a caliper and verify the dia of the sela and the axle tube. They should be very close.

Do the Warn seals have any part numbers on them?

Factory tools:
Tool Set J-34659
Slide Adapter J-34669-4
Over Rod J-34659-3

I called around and they weren't available from Chrysler or any Jeep Dealer, even when I provided them with the numbers. I'm going to just give laying a right-sized socket against it and a file against that and rubber mallet at the file a bit and see if i can get it in. The factory set "pulls" it in.

xjfrank said:
Factory tools:
Tool Set J-34659
Slide Adapter J-34669-4
Over Rod J-34659-3

I called around and they weren't available from Chrysler or any Jeep Dealer, even when I provided them with the numbers. I'm going to just give laying a right-sized socket against it and a file against that and rubber mallet at the file a bit and see if i can get it in. The factory set "pulls" it in.

If your looking for the tools, just make them.

http://www.madxj.com/

Goto to section of the solid axle swap.

Long piece of all thread, nuts, and some big washers..............

Back