• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dan Turner's Rig

I've been Know to make some road trips out to ventura and santa barbara...

If you still need it next time I go, I will swing by skullvers and pick it up for you.

Justin

Thanks Justin, Let me know if you go...

Dan, why are you running those hub protectors? Aren't they wicked heavy?

They are hella heavy....but I used to break the lockouts every trip to the rocks. Believe it or not, it still sees the rocks occasionally...just have to be mindful of my fake sheetmetal:D It was good to see you at KOH. Been a long time.

how big are those tires???

36'' iroks

Awesome Jeep! Looks like your rear fenders are "split" to let the rear doors open. Have any pics of how you did it?

Thanks, Chris

Just mounted them up and cut at the door seam. These things are spring loaded though, and deform out of shape a little when you cut them. Eventually I'll make some inner panels to hold them where they belong.

I can still reach up under them to get to the door handle.

-Dan

Nice to see the progress, Dan. :thumbup:

I have a set of those hub protectors, they've saved a lot of broken hubs. They are real heavy, though, when I quit taking my XJ to the Hammers I took them off........but I may put them back on. :)

Any particular reason the front bumper plate is only spot welded on?

It's just a piece of sheemetal, covering up the lower core support.
That way if I run into something and tweak it, it's a lot easier to replace. The front is plenty tied together with tube reinforcement plates, etc. My junk is heavy enough without putting a big ole skid plate way up there.

-Dan

It's just a piece of sheemetal, covering up the lower core support.
That way if I run into something and tweak it, it's a lot easier to replace. The front is plenty tied together with tube reinforcement plates, etc. My junk is heavy enough without putting a big ole skid plate way up there.

-Dan

Well, you just have an answer for everything, don't 'cha?
fawk.gif

Awesome looking rig!

Billy

Bump, I know there's more pictures here.
I haven't done anything new lately...Got a new torque converter special made from The Converter Shop in Lake Havasu today. Hopefully that will be going in later this week, along with a 5.0 mustang motor. Last motor blew a head gasket, so I had this 5.0 motor laying around. Should have better power than the old 289.

P1040784.jpg

Back