• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

daily driven rigs

I still DD it even though i have the 06 WK... just sumthin about it.. :D

052.jpg
Nice pic! Im with ya. Id way rather drive my Jeep around. Plus, its when i let my XJ sit around for a while that problems start with it. It likes to be driven. :D

wuts the stats on ur xj?

1998 4.0 - AX15 - 241OR(’03 Rubicon)
RE 5.5" XD front - JKS trackbar - National Spring leafs
Bilsteins - 35” MTR - D30/4.56/ARB/Alloy USA/760x
8.25/4.56/ARB/Alloy USA/ZJ disks
Currie steering - Hanson bumper - Superwinch X9
Currie crossmember - Detours stiffeners - custom skids + rails, and a partridge in a pear tree.

12a and the 12b....the b being the turbo version which I actually believe came with a t28....but I could be wrong. I'm a DSM guy, anything boosted peaks my fancy tho.

My last car was a 97 DSM EVOIII16g w/350fwhp. and I drove it everyday.

12a and the 12b....the b being the turbo version which I actually believe came with a t28....but I could be wrong. I'm a DSM guy, anything boosted peaks my fancy tho.

My last car was a 97 DSM EVOIII16g w/350fwhp. and I drove it everyday.
Uhhhh... negative ghostrider... you should stick to DSM's lol.

12A was the motor that the FB 1st generation RX7 got, all the way to 1985 til it was updated. 1986 they went to the FC3S 2nd Gen RX7 body, and gave it a COMPLETELY newly designed motor, the 13B, available in both a turbo and naturally aspirated version. The 12A was just a bored out 10A.

The 12B was only used for a couple years in the RX2 and RX3 from '74 to '78. (And was also naturally aspirated)

I dd a Honda Accord but my Jeep sees quite a bit of street miles. Usually drive it at least once a week.

Just put 1500 miles on it going to Moab for a week.

12A was the motor that the FB 1st generation RX7 got, all the way to 1985 til it was updated. 1986 they went to the FC3S 2nd Gen RX7 body, and gave it a COMPLETELY newly designed motor, the 13B, available in both a turbo and naturally aspirated version. The 12A was just a bored out 10A.

The 12B was only used for a couple years in the RX2 and RX3 from '74 to '78. (And was also naturally aspirated)

Lol....like I said...I could be wrong :D I was always told the 12b came in the turbo version of the fc.
Oh well....what turbos came with the 13b?

Lol....like I said...I could be wrong :D I was always told the 12b came in the turbo version of the fc.
Oh well....what turbos came with the 13b?
Nah, the number part of those designations is the liter of the motor, 1.3L, or 1300cc's.

The FC always had a 1.3, as did the FD.

As for turbo's, the FC had two different steps in forced induction power, the first S4 and the second an S5 (which designates the model within the generation).

The turbo was an off the shelf turbo however.

Last edited:

Correct Jim. The turbo is a Hitachi HT-18S. Its in both the S4 and S5 models.

FC >>> DSM.

Really though, and FC is much like an XJ you have to be dedicated to working on it to own one.

u just rocked my mazda world....I think I like DSMs better :D everything makes sense to me. Just slap on a 50 trim and drive it till it blows :)

You really have to learn a LOT about rotary's and how they work before you can even understand modding them. But once you do, boy do they make good power.

FC >>> DSM.

Really though, and FC is much like an XJ you have to be dedicated to working on it to own one.

Quoted for truth!

FC >>> DSM.

DSMs are alot the same way. the joke is that our cars are out of order more than they are driven. They are alot of work to maintain. Nothing like a rotary I'm sure.
Here's a quote I always liked:

"Eclipse tuners are a strange sort. They don't like talking about wings or color-matching side skirts and interiors. Eclipse tuners are performance-obsessed sleeper fanatics who dream only about downpipes, exhaust gases, and wastegates. Their cars aren't pretty, but have the ability to spank you silly on the highway. In other words, Eclipse tuners write checks their cars can cash. Mention the word "chrome" and they might drop a boot to your skull" -SuperStreet Magazine

not sure its relevant, but I love it.

Ryan93 how big a lift is that?

Here is my DD
I'm in sales and average 100 miles a day with it.
Today I started in Anaheim...then to West LA (Pico and Overland) then to Gardena...then to Long Beach....then to Garden Grove and back to Anaheim.
I get paid mileage so you could say I get paid to drive my XJ WoooooHoooooo!!

At the Rock Garden in Murrieta

At the SCORE race in Primm NV

At a CODE race outside of Mexicali

At the Baja 500

On the Gold Mountain run at SoCal Fest

Back