• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D35 to 8.25 Swap

for me personally because i had the SYE and not a 8.25 shaft. and i needed to swap my axle out asap because it was making funky noises. so when i did the axle swap, i had to do the SYE because the shaft was too long for comfort for me. even at 4.5" lift, i didnt feel comfortable running the D35 driveshaft with the 8.25.

I did the same swap. 1997 d35 to a 1996 8.25. I had to swap the e brake cables since the 96 and eariler are different than the 97 up and ditch the ABS. I bought a used (rusty & bent)8.25 shaft to use till I could get my d35 cut and balanced. The d35 shaft was exactly 1" longer than the 8.25 shaft. I'm running 3" homebrew lift and if I had it to do again I'd left the shaft as it was and not had it shortened 1". Like was mentioned you need to have enough engaugement but proper room for slip. I read here that the brakes were not interchangable but as I did the swap noticed that everything was the same between the d36 and the 8.25. If I had known that I'd pulled the axles and hung my backing plates (new shoes and wheel clyinders) and not had to bleed and swap shoes. HTH....Al

Back