• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 d35 to Chrysler 8.25 swap

eschmit04

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2001 with abs and I want to swap to a 8.25. other than some new u bolts is there anything else I need to think about? Especially in regards to abs? Not planning on doing the disc break conversion yet.

Well, if you go to an 8.25 you will no longer have ABS. Look into which fuses to remove or whatever else is involved in deleting the ABS.

If you wish to keep ABS you should research a Ford 8.8. From what I have read (have not actually done this) you can keep the ABS with a Ford 8.8 if you grind off every other tooth on the reluctor.

ETA: The other thing to think about is your driveshaft. The length will need to change.

Thanks for the reply! That's kinda what I'm gathering. I'm not against loosing abs. Where I live sometime abs (especially older) causes more harm than good... I'll do a little more homework on the 8.8 but I was just planning on pulling the rear driveshaft out of the donor rig when I do the rest of my 2wd to 4wd conversion.

Back