• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ rear disc swap with ABS

DannyD

NAXJA Forum User
Planning to do away with the drums on my D35 but want to retain the ABS-functionality. Does anybody know if the D35 Axle shaft basically is the same between XJ drum and ZJ disc? I.e. could I reuse my old shafts and just put a ZJ-disc ABS ring on them?

Thanks,
D

You can but I dont know the costs versus just using zj shafts?

I'm pretty sure the only difference between the ZJ and XJ rear D35's are the newer ZJ has disc brakes and the housings. If you have access to the whole axle just use all the parts from the ZJ and it should work. I've had/ have both and have swapped axle shafts between them when they both have the D35. My XJ is equipped with the 8.25 rear axle so my only real choice is tons or 8.8 from ford if I'm going to upgrade to next level. housings should be almost exact same width backing plate to backing plate due to they are same track width not wheel base.

Back