• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cut Lower Rear Quarters...(pics and write-up)

just did it it didnt take too long i tooke a break in the middle to go get more cutoff wheels will photobucket some pics tomorrow and post
i didnt cut the front part of the inner fender off i used it to tie everything together i didnt get a shot of that but i will try to explain later
thanks for the repost

About to do mine and add these...

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Going to weld all the peices as well...

That spring is about the worst I have ever seen but nice job on the sheetmetal filling up that gap and the well looks good too

uncc civilengineer said:
Nick, are you planning a write up? Hopefully my bumper and corners will be here before the Cherokee Crawl...

Sure, if you'd like. I was planning on just adding it to the bumper write up that I already had, but I can make a new one as well.

Steve, I didn't notice the jealousy at all.......you speak the truth, I AM the biggest slacker out there.

Oh, by the way, the plate that has the latch thingy on it, I don't know if Terry is making all the new bumpers like that or not, but he had to custom make that end for me because he changed the first design I sent him so he had to make it match the latch position on my swing arm.

Alright, finally found time to take some finished picts today....here's what they look like finished...lots of pollen

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

53guy said:
Oh by the way, the plate that has the latch thingy on it, I don't know if Terry is making all the new bumpers like that or not, but he had to custom make that end for me because he changed the first design I sent him so he had to make it match the latch position on my swing arm.

Yeah, I got my rear bumper and it had the new latch. It was funny because I saw your write up on the new latch style around the time I was talking to Terry and he was telling me it would be a little longer on my bumper due to a new latch system.

Hey guy's, just finished this mod. I found 2 black boxes located in the driverside rear(look like garage openers with wires. After I made the first cut, they flopped out. Now I didn't chase the wires, I just shoved them back up in there. Obviously they are water proof :) because I had went through the pinch on my first trim years ago.

My first Idea was it was part of the alarm system that USED to be hookedup, or maybe part of airbag system ?? The writing on them was worn, and one had velcro, the other was wrapped in black ductape. Searched for a min but couldn't find it.

TIA

Definitely not anything for the air bag system. One of them could be something for trailer lights if the Jeep has/had a hitch and wiring. Did they appear to be parts of the same system, or two different ones?

Back