• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Custom Haro Backtrail BMX Build Done!

Yeah this one is a 68 the screamer 2 came out in 69. also i am thinking of changing the color man what do you think? that og is gay and im not good enough to get it perfect. i found one of these things complete for $1200. Derek i need help finding the 2 knobs for the shifter and brake. ill pm you my number give me a call when you can. the number i had for you is not working.

That Haro is cool as hell, Here's a 'bike' I built...

Bare frame,

getattachment2b.jpg

Here she is finished.

dscn1522q.jpg

She's got a 103" panhead motor, in a rigid frame. 6 speed baker trans, PM brakes front and rear.

I've got enough pictures, I should make a build thread for the chopper... Hahah

Yama – good luck! Try registering over at the BMX museum, that is by far your best bet. I wouldn’t do anything to that bike just yet. It’s worth a lot more in OG condition than it is repainted. Unless, of course, you are set on keeping it.

Dirt22 – That’s a nice looking bike! I built a chopper, once. :D

CHOPPA076.jpg

well i already tore it down HAHA. remember the blog you posted about 100% stock against doing it up lol. I hear ya man but this thing is actually alot rougher than it looks and after all it is a project for me and the boy (9 years old). the shifter is locked the f up and the brakes and shifting mech are all locked up as well. the neck i am sure has no bearings left as you can shift it all around with the nut tight. I was going to do the vinegar bath trick to everything and paint the frame. I am torn on the color though, everything else will be refurbished to good working condition. the og paint was a tomato color and a beachnut and as i do understand patina is $ i just want to make her slick. you should really meet up with me and check this thing out. also sorry for shitting up your thread lol we should make a bike resto thread as pops also has a old school chick bike i am probably going to do next

Ya i used to ride an s&m but couldnt get it my legs around the damn thing. I liked the heavier long bikes that tended to loft. I wasnt coordinated enough to huck any real fast stuff. I liked long trails and mild street abuse but no park. Im too old and tattered now..

well i already tore it down HAHA. remember the blog you posted about 100% stock against doing it up lol. I hear ya man but this thing is actually alot rougher than it looks and after all it is a project for me and the boy (9 years old). the shifter is locked the f up and the brakes and shifting mech are all locked up as well. the neck i am sure has no bearings left as you can shift it all around with the nut tight. I was going to do the vinegar bath trick to everything and paint the frame. I am torn on the color though, everything else will be refurbished to good working condition. the og paint was a tomato color and a beachnut and as i do understand patina is $ i just want to make her slick. you should really meet up with me and check this thing out. also sorry for shitting up your thread lol we should make a bike resto thread as pops also has a old school chick bike i am probably going to do next

No worries, I love anything bikes. I might consider a powder coat, if you are going to redo it, instead of rattle-can junk. You could really make it shine, then.

Ya i used to ride an s&m but couldnt get it my legs around the damn thing. I liked the heavier long bikes that tended to loft. I wasnt coordinated enough to huck any real fast stuff. I liked long trails and mild street abuse but no park. Im too old and tattered now..

Same story here. I rode trails and long rides, and did the occasional trick. I'm definitely no pro. I can barely ride a wheelie anymore. :D

I rode a Huffy Pro Thunder for years and years, as it was my first bike. I recently found a very good specimen, and bought it. The thing arrived yesterday and it's in really, really good condition. I'm so super stoked.

Shit, I imagine I would fall on my face if i tried a bunnyhop anymore. HAHA.. Im such an old ass.

I bet a bike would be a really fun build again tho with my new sense of how it all works

Bikes suck.

:D

Damn you Derek now i am totally hooked on this shit. I cant stop with that rat rod forum. I am now going to go and dig out at least 2 to 3 more bikes from my dads that i have seen on there. gonna build me a rat bike now out of something

Back