• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Custom Haro Backtrail BMX Build Done!

I'll keep my eye out for Redline Flights - I see 'em for sale all the time on the BMX site I'm a part of.

I wish I could find before pictures of this Haro. They are on some drive, somewhere. It was rough, to say the least. Real rough. BMX projects are a lot of fun!

wasnt the backtrail the ryan nyquist model?

to be honest, your chrome looks OEM to me!
i have an old S&M warpig hanging above my shop door, it was an 8lbs frame with an old school american bottom bracket, non integrated headset cups, old school OC built 4130. its rusting away hanging there, couldnt get rid of it, and no space inside! makes good wall art.

i wouldnt ride it compared to my new school, technologically packed bmx though. waay too heavy, dont like the tank feel.

Yea, the chrome was just gone over and over and over to get the present look. It’s still far from perfect, but it passes the three-feet-away test nicely. :D

I don’t mind heavier bikes. I like the solid feel. The Backtrail isn’t real light, but I have an aluminum frame that I’m thinking of making my next BMX build. I love custom builds, and I love old-school. :)

Derek looks like i am going to grab that shifter bike from my dads place and re do it now. Might need some help on it brother. When i get it ill send you some pics

Yesss! Lemme know man, I haz parts. :D Not 1/2 as much as I used to, but I used to be pretty outta control. Now, I like to get a bike, build it, and then get another bike, instead of buying 15 at a yard sale and storing them in the yard. :D

What is it, a three-speed?

I believe so nut busters. I only have redone one bike and that was when i was a kid and got a jacked up GT Performer and had to redo it so i could ride a bike

I have done a ton of them. None as good as my Haro, but it's mine, yanno? I used to scour yard sales for them, fix them up and then sell them for dirt cheap on CL to those who can't afford new ones. Of course, I never made any money, but providing that service was its own reward.

I have done a ton of them. None as good as my Haro, but it's mine, yanno? I used to scour yard sales for them, fix them up and then sell them for dirt cheap on CL to those who can't afford new ones. Of course, I never made any money, but providing that service was its own reward.

your not this guy, are you?

its bull shit i want to grab it lol

you wan't to grab bull shit? :eyes:

quit playing around with bicycles and get to work on at least ONE of the furys you have in the yard Derek you damn redneck. stop "collecting" stuff and finish something! :D

Ok so i am supposed to pick it up tonight after 7pm so i hope to have some pics posted tonight. She better be there for me to pick it up

ok Derek here i go and also i need help identifying this thing. it has a badge on the front but i cant make out the name. Oh and I was wrong it is a 5 speed
IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

Back