• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crazy Mod!!!!

Jackhill442 said:
both bogus and bunk. You can't tell from the videos, he could be revving it up on a pile of dirt.
Well, you can't mistake the "on pavement" the video.
As for being on a pile of dirt, well, that's probably correct, except it's actually called a sand dune.

I don't know if it's for real or not, don't care, but what's he got to gain by staging this ellaborate hoax?

new vid

http://www.spread-it.com/dl.php?id=15664c029f5800776b362386d6e8bce48cdc54f7

ok in this one he is basically just pressing the brake and the accelerator on a dirt road then he flips the switch....

On the last vid he's bouncing off the rev limiter a few times since he is manually shifting but the point I was trying to get across was at the rate his rpms are rising in comparison to the N20 XJ's from the previous post.When racing in 4lo all xjs,tjs,yjs bounce off the rev limiter in the 1-2 shift and sometimes the 2-3 shift unless you have a higher rev limiter which gives the TCU enough time to shift without bouncing.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I'm not trying to prove OR sell anything just looking for some answers my self and I'm sorry if my videos are shitty but my thats the limit of my cheapo concord digi cam and unfortunately the only time I have to even film anything is after work which means its usually dark.
I have seen many cheapo mods and have done lots of them myself but right now this has got to be by far the best one I have seen yet. I'm not saying its better than N20 or Forced induction simply that for what something like this costs to build and its ease of installation its just simply amazing.....later

i dunno what to say, those vids really dont show anything, i beleive its working, just because no one would post all this shit if it didnt, but lets get a dyno run or something

tealcherokee said:
i dunno what to say, those vids really dont show anything, i beleive its working, just because no one would post all this shit if it didnt, but lets get a dyno run or something
mechanically in my mind it makes perfect sense that this is working. like he said, flip the switch at idle and it shuts off.
he is doing the same thing a chip could do, just manually kinda... and less specific.
Maybe slightly exagerated, the last clip i couldn't even download, I got the first two. and i think it's worth a try for myself. i just have to track down the parts and time to build it.

Yep, the vids dont show much at all...flashlights are great for camping not so great for proving that your theory actually works.

Anybody else tried this? Can we get someone else to confirm?

Heck, from the last video it honestly sounds like he goes from part throttle to full throttle. My Jeep is pretty fast stock, and I think it can rev that quickly, and it sounds about the same.

well I watched the "burnout" video several times and have done many burnouts in my cherokee in stock form. Comparing what I have seen on the video and what I can remember .. and while doing a burnout (while holding the brake) you can go from part throttle to full throttle and it does rev pretty dang fast.. the videos aren't much proof that it does work. but like previous 2 post suggest it's hard to tell from the video... would like to see better video and/or dyno results

Moore4X4 said:
Yep, the vids dont show much at all...flashlights are great for camping not so great for proving that your theory actually works.

Anybody else tried this? Can we get someone else to confirm?

As for proof, we all need 2 vids with the same time stamp or molded to one vid, in daylight, on the street or from a second vehicle running wide open. Until then Ill call BS since I just copied your theory to the T with the use of a 5.4l tritan injector, only thing it did was add about 500 rpm's and a whole hell of alot of heat to the head. After the fire was put out and the engine cooled, the injector used was toast.

all in all its in the best I can tell from mythbusters, is tottaly busted!

Badcop said:
As for proof, we all need 2 vids with the same time stamp or molded to one vid, in daylight, on the street or from a second vehicle running wide open. Until then Ill call BS since I just copied your theory to the T with the use of a 5.4l tritan injector, only thing it did was add about 500 rpm's and a whole hell of alot of heat to the head. After the fire was put out and the engine cooled, the injector used was toast.

Totally.

Badcop said:

what are you saying? that it worked or that it started your Jeep on fire?
added 500 rpms then burnt up your injector? HUH?
dude you aren't making any sense.
if you did test it then you can tell wether it worked or not, so why are you asking for proof from him? and what do you mean by two vids with the same time stamp? two vids of what? there is no way to proove it works or doesn't work.

- still not convinced it does, or does not work.

Last edited:
hey i gots a better idear y dont u add a 150 hp nitrous oxide shot with out da extra "fool" um thats fuel to most people.i think it'id werk LOL should see some excellent results-just make sure u catch THAT one on video. :explosion

I must agree that the videos look like something out of "UFOs. Fact, or Fiction?". I can see the truth of it, but there are issues that are not addressed as of yet.

LISTEN, EVRYONE, PLEASE. THERE ARE A LOT OF IGNORANT PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD, WHO REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING. (No offense) DO NOT TRY THIS ON YOUR JEEPS!!!!! LET HIM FIGURE OUT WHAT IS GOING ON. SHORT STORY, IT WILL NOT WORK FOR YOUR JEEP, RETARD. No offense to OlympicGold, bud, but I think you know too that there is a reason this helped your friends performance, and it will not help on a healthy engine, and may cause serious damage.

hey guys just wanted to let you know we tried it on a bolt on '95 XJ and did not see any improvement on performance. We basically just swapped out the injector setup from the '96 and rigged it up to the '95. This one too at idle would die with flip of the switch but would not experience any improvement at all under WOT with the switch on.Could just be the way the FI sytem is setup on the OBD I vehicles also the lower opperating fuel presure. I'm pretty sure the injector is just a band-aid on an already faulty fuel injection system but then again why was it beating the other xj's......(input eeire x-files whistle here)

for anyone interested in my turbo XJ here are a bunch of videos I posted over at JU
http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?t=679704
just follow the links and look for the download buttons/links they all work....

Back