• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cracked Frame

HOLY HOLE BATMAN!!!

Major ouch.

I'll get some pics of the repair tonight. I only have the finished product though. Sewing those all cracks together looked alot like frankenstein. I still can't figure out how the p/o managed that. There are 4 holes drilled in a rectangle shape, you can kinda see. It also has the same holes on the passenger side minus the cracks. :dunno:

sweet your jeep was held together with big league chew and dreams..... ;)

:roflmao:

That's strange how those cracks oriented. It looks like an impact of some sort but the physical distress can cause interesting results in just about any situation. Who knows how long it's been there to spread and get worse too. Good find and it's all about peace of mind now for you...as far as that area of your jeep. The rest looks built TOUGH to me!

maybe they bolted a plate to the frame on either side then tubing out and a chain attached to either side to make a crazy truck pull for show offness and that side broke first...

that sounds about as good as anything... i have no clue how that could tear like that...

Weird... good thing you got it fixed!

So, now that you got that fixed, you're gonna be at Golden Mt. this weekend right?

Yes sir, when are you chattanooga boys heading over there?

Heck yes man, glad to have you come along! We will be heading up on Friday afternoon I guess. Will be wheeling on Saturday for sure. Depending on what happens, may stay and ride Sunday as well.

Back