• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CPS or no CPS?

Finally got her started! I was missing a 15 amp fuse I'm not sure what it was for but asd relay isn't buzzing I still have code p1698. And rpm and speedometer do not work. I took it to work anyway cause we got a big storm n need 4wd

I didnt find anything with the short finder. Pulled a bunch of the wires out of the plastic by where it enters the firewall and all look good. that is where the bus wires split and they have resistance through the connection so that isnt it. and from the ecu bus prong to the main connector under the dash is all good. Im thinking it might be my TCM. I have checked my o2 sensors also but they all look to be fine. maybe ill trace the wires even further back if the TCM isnt the issue. im going to go to junkyard and pull another TCM and try and find a number matching ECU. My cluster still doesnt work all the time. the volts sometimes will move but no fuel or anything else other than the mileage and than no bus comes up after time.

I didnt find anything with the short finder. Pulled a bunch of the wires out of the plastic by where it enters the firewall and all look good. that is where the bus wires split and they have resistance through the connection so that isnt it. and from the ecu bus prong to the main connector under the dash is all good. Im thinking it might be my TCM. I have checked my o2 sensors also but they all look to be fine. maybe ill trace the wires even further back if the TCM isnt the issue. im going to go to junkyard and pull another TCM and try and find a number matching ECU. My cluster still doesnt work all the time. the volts sometimes will move but no fuel or anything else other than the mileage and than no bus comes up after time.

sorry you haven't found anything. Mine got me back home tonight, we are having a ton of snow here. It drove all the way home with the 'no bus' and these don't work: thermostat gauge, speedometer, rpms gauge and battery voltage was stuck at a low rate. It had check gauges light on, cel and airbag. I'm frustrated because it runs and i just worry it my crap out on me when i am on the road.
did you check your fuses?

sorry you haven't found anything. Mine got me back home tonight, we are having a ton of snow here. It drove all the way home with the 'no bus' and these don't work: thermostat gauge, speedometer, rpms gauge and battery voltage was stuck at a low rate. It had check gauges light on, cel and airbag. I'm frustrated because it runs and i just worry it my crap out on me when i am on the road.
did you check your fuses?

yours might just be a bad connection to the cluster. Try cleaning it good.

My fuses are all good.

So I found I was missing fuse #10. Put one in n no change. Disconnected cluster cleaned again and twisted pins. Didn't work until I was half way to work. On my way home everything was working and no bus but still had airbag light and check engine. Lets see what tomorrow brings lol

So I found I was missing fuse #10. Put one in n no change. Disconnected cluster cleaned again and twisted pins. Didn't work until I was half way to work. On my way home everything was working and no bus but still had airbag light and check engine. Lets see what tomorrow brings lol

that did not last long :0) Did a load test and they suggested bench check alternator. Should i just put in a new alternator? I found a used one at JY from a 2000 xj. Would that work?

that did not last long :0) Did a load test and they suggested bench check alternator. Should i just put in a new alternator? I found a used one at JY from a 2000 xj. Would that work?

I can see an alternator being your problem. Does you jeep crank fast? or super slow? When you volt meter does work what does it read?

i got another TCM for mine at the JY this weekend but due to our awesome NJ weather i have a driveway half covered in snow,ice, and mud haha and its raining so today is a wash :flame:

tried new TCM no luck...
Still got the same symptoms,
-aux fan comes on when key is 'on'
-no bus after 20 secs
-relays clicking
-cluster half works, volts sometimes show, fuel sometimes, oil/temp ovi dont cause its not on.
-still wont start
-unplugging CPS does not affect volts/fuel gauges

Cool hope it works! Mine is a neurotic reck cel went away and gauges work and I hope it stays that way. Meanwhile I ll b looking for a higher output alternator.

Got another numbers matching ECU and everything worked now im just running into p1686 code which deals with SKIM. So the guy had 2 other ECU with same numbers so im going to try them before i get one reflashed.

well first number matching ecu didnt work, found another one and that did the trick! jeeps alive again!!!!!

Back