• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cowl area water leak.

jeepfreak32

NAXJA Forum User
I have seen other posts about water leaks in the cowl area coming in from the passenger side. I have a cowl leak but it is coming in from the drivers side underneath the dash just to the right of the steering wheel. And it is alot of water as well!! Any ideas where this leak is coming from?

jeepfreak32 said:
I have seen other posts about water leaks in the cowl area coming in from the passenger side. I have a cowl leak but it is coming in from the drivers side underneath the dash just to the right of the steering wheel. And it is alot of water as well!! Any ideas where this leak is coming from?

Pop off the cover that goes over your windshield wiper arms. You probably have gunk underneath there thats needs to be cleaned out. I think there is a drainage hole on the passenger side, and it is probably plugged up.

Ok..I noticed that water gets through the weld seam and trickles down the firewall in the engine compartment. So I sealed that entire seam. But water is still coming in from under the drivers side dash and under the carpet when water from a hose is run in. It pools pretty bad on the carpet in a short time and I was just wondering if anyone has dealt with this before? Thisnis beginning to get me mad!! Thanks

Back