• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Corral Canyon run Dad's day weekend

What do you want to run at Corral Canyon?

• I want to run the gnarliest stuff this place has to offer

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Ted told me I should take the mellow run

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • I want to ride my dirt bike

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Where the hell is Corral Canyon?

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • GSequoia is a jerk

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well there we go... we have a plan!!

Had an out friggin standing time today. We ran the connector and bronco peak. The connector is IMO the most challenging trail outside of Johnson Valley in Socal. Lots of adrenaline and a bit of carnage but we all made it out under our own power and safe. There will be video and some pics forthcoming that my brother and his buddy took. It might be a week or two but believe me it will be worth the wait.

I voted for the hardest trails. But I would not do them because I do not have rock rails yet. And I don't like body damage. But I can not go my gears are not broke in yet. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Does anybody have an extra seat?

Didn't I say I don't like BODY DAMAGE. Why did I even try to follow you John. At least I know now that you need to build me rock rails.

I have some good video of you smashing up that rocker pretty good. The rails i have that Willy51 aka Mike Finch built did awesome! Might try asking him for a set too.

I should have some video up in a day or two.

his jeep looks very mildly built and you guys took him on the connector?!?!?! sweet vid though. im bummed i missed it

Last edited:
Cool vid Marc, say thanks to your wife for being the camera woman. My first attempt at the V-notch was exactly the line NOT to take. I'm looking for a passenger mirror now because of that.

John, awesome trip! I can't wait to see the vid and pics that your bro and friend took.

nd0l1j.jpg

9ss7ex.jpg

292b4ig.jpg

2cckyfc.jpg

2yo1i00.jpg

2dccwm8.jpg

2cwl6x0.jpg

Cool vid Marc, say thanks to your wife for being the camera woman. My first attempt at the V-notch was exactly the line NOT to take. I'm looking for a passenger mirror now because of that.

John, awesome trip! I can't wait to see the vid and pics that your bro and friend took.

Wow! That camera takes some pretty nice pics. Was deffenantly an awesome day to remember. Just wish we had another battery for our camera. Having your winch saved us a few times and i would say its a must have at least in the group to wheel there. Thanks again.

terryg: Bronco Peak and the connector are two of the hardest i've done so far and will be doing them again. Its starting to get HOT out there and the flies!!!! Holy Sh*t!!! That was the worst part.

Last edited:
No joke about the flies! They were relentless, and they bite! I wore shorts that day and I have about 50 bites on each leg and arm, just like mosquito bites...and they frickin itch! Next time I'm wearing pants, long sleeves, and one of those mosquito nets you wear over your head.

I would have to say NO on the Connector. Bronco Peak would still be a challange because of clearance. Sidewinder i think would be ok. May have a few tough spots in it to though. (We didn't run that one)

I would have to say NO on the Connector. Bronco Peak would still be a challange because of clearance. Sidewinder i think would be ok. May have a few tough spots in it to though. (We didn't run that one)

So Connector it is then.. got to challenge myself.

"why are we doing this?"
"what do ya mean?"
"well they say it can't be done."
"Then that's the reason son."
"That's good with Fred, I'm out"
"10-4"

Back