• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Considering buying!

Ahhhh we like it just the way it is! with the exception of the small tires on it, it has great power and a comfy ride! we plan in putting a set of 35's on it but we need to get a different set of wheels first! they dont have e nuff off set and rub on the leafs! it sits on 33's for now. and the new set of Amp research electric steps are bitchin'
Hit me up when you are ready to regear that thing ;)

The 6.0 / 7.3 argument is a dead horse to beat, there are only a few problems with the 6.0, and the bad one (head bolts) generally happens early on or not at all - if it is still running strong at 5 years old, the heads are probably fine.

Don't think so. There were huge problems with leaking injectors. And the ECM software was changed monthly. Pilot injection was scrapped in one of the flashes. There was a class action lawsuit and Ford agreed to buy back thousands of trucks -- which they resold as "demos". In one of Ford's letter to the stockholders, they cited problems with the 6.0's as one of the reasons for the company having a loss-year. They ended the 6.0 production several years before they had planned.

That said, while Cummins is the better engine, Ford is the better truck. My Cummins engine is flawless, but I've spent a grand on repairing air conditioning and now my heater is out. It sometimes costs a grand to repair that, but maybe I'll get lucky. I had a clutch fan fail and it turned out to be a $500 computer controlled clutch fan. And there's terrible wind noise at the door frames. Jeez -- great engine, crappy truck. Adding insult to injury, my dealer got shut down and there's nothing for 100 miles.

Back