• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Comanche 87 to 97

Then I spray paint it for a better looking finish

IMG_4941.jpg

IMG_4939.jpg

This hole from the right side of the truck where the old antenna used to pass is also no longer needed so I use 2 washers, a rivet and seam sealer

IMG_4937.jpg

I didn't take pictures of this process but what I basically did was drill the spot welds from this two brackets from the Cherokee and attach them with rivets in the same location in the Comanche
This two brackets will be the support of the dash and steering wheel support.

IMG_4925_1.jpg

The left side of the cabin, (where the comanche parking brake is) needs to be modified in order to put the steering wheel support,

This is how the comanche looks like

IMG_4883.jpg

And this is how the Cherokee looks like

IMG_4887.jpg

So what I did was remove the screws from the comanche, place the cherokee steering wheel support in the bracket that I just install and drill the holes to install new hardware

This is how it looks

IMG_4925_2.jpg

And this is how the bolts looks from the outside

IMG_4932_1.jpg

Dash in for measurements...

Top left side

IMG_4922b.jpg

Top right side

IMG_4921.jpg

Note that the holes for the screws do not match
I'll be cutting the dash support of the Cherokee and again attache it with rivets to the Comanche and screw the dash on

Last edited:
I forgot to take pictures of the heater unit install but is almost a bolt in, only 1 hole needs to be drill

After days of measurements, cuttings, riveting and drilling, the dash is finally in place

IMG_5012.jpg

IMG_5013.jpg

IMG_5015.jpg

Also to connect all the harness for the dash took a lot of time to complete,

Next step: the engine!

IMG_5070.jpg

I'm also using a 4wd AW4 transmission into my 97 harness, ECU etc...
Can someone please help?!

I'm trying to match this 4WD AW4 from a 94 XJ to my 2WD 97 harness, I read in this article http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1053970 that only need to "cut and splice the wiring harness connector" so that's what im going to do...

IMG_5089_1.jpg

Before I start cutting the connectors, I remove the 94 gear position sensor and put the 97 in place, I'm also using the same oil lines.

Turns out that the colors for the wires of the 97 and 94 transmission are the same, I just cut and match the wires,

Note that the 97 does not have 4X4 indicator so 2 wires are left over without issues

IMG_5093.jpg

Follow me on twitter! @knkn9

Back