• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Comache long door extra cab

John B said:
Nice build..

Probably missed it, your using 4 door 1/4 glass in the extension? The pop out 2 door versions would work well there.

no most likely some Lexan i didn't make it for any particular window.

looks sick. I may need to see this build first hand sometime. Where abouts are you located?

You are definetly putting the work in. I love the idea of using the Comanche cab portion, I was going to do that, but those trucks are hard to come by im my part of the country. Instead I used a late 80's Nissan truck cab.
DSC03454.jpg

DSC03452.jpg

DSC02530.jpg

nice glad to know there are other cab sections that will work.

but my build will not be nothing like what you have.it will just be a truck cab when finished.

Solicit donations from the neighbors on the premise that the more they donate the sooner you'll be done cutting and banging:exclamati :laugh:

Nice work. To solve the roof issue here's what I did.

First I made my cut...

IMG_1642Medium.jpg

Then I cut off the last 4" or so from my origional roof, and tacked that in place like so...

IMG_1644Medium.jpg

Then obviously I was still left with this situation..

IMG_1663Medium.jpg

But I was able to section the MJ piece to fit perfectly.

IMG_1670Medium.jpg

With the rib ends on there it almost looks factory.

IMG_1678Medium.jpg

Just for sh1ts, heres where i'm at now.

IMG_1933Medium.jpg

Will any progress? I just found this tread after thinking of stretching the frame of a Comanche to build a 4 door Comanche Long bed not a trail vehicle but a cruiser. For trails I'll keep my XJ the way it is.

Sorry guys...........It's been a rough couple of months and I'm still deal with trying to get back on my feet.

I will let you guys know when I get back to working on the project. I'm currently working at a new job. We do custom fabrication on large structural pieces of steel. Like bending the large tubing for roller coasters or large I beams for buildings with curves to them, things like that.

So I'm thinking that the frame of the project might be able to be made out bent steel 2x4 or something a bit larger. So each frame rail would be a full piece of tubing from front to back with no fish plating at the bends. In another words no splicing......

This is awesome, I can barely fit into an MJ, but love them so much. Can not wait to see the final product. I do like the idea of the 2dr XJ doors, and the "ext cab"

Ya that was one of my problems I don't like how tight the cab is. Plus I would like to have a rear area for storage or a place for the dog. The rear seat would have fit perfect if I left another couple of inches but it would have been to much.

Did you ever get around to finishing the cab? I'm curious what it looks like done... Kinda humoring the idea of a crewcab MJ for myself... I have an 87 shortbed for a DD now that I also take offroad. The extra interior space would be really nice to have...

It's been a project on hold for the last two years. I got laid off my job, found a new job laid off again, in the middle of trying to find another job. I'm sure you have heard the stories of how it sucks all over. Once I get a stable job and the extra cash to throw at a project it will resume.

Back