• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Comache long door extra cab

will you have a rear seat in there?

the bottom does fit in the stock location .but there is no room for the back.since the rear seat is for the dog i don't think it will matter.i might pull the bottom forward a few inches and that would allow me to put the rear of the seat in.this would take away any foot room but since its for the dog no big deal.

another look at work done today

this side is flanged and still needs to be brought in a 1/2"
pa210821un4.jpg

for the most part the body lines are good.
pa210824fr0.jpg

like i said the bottom still has to be swung in a 1/2".i will still have to do some patch work.the driver side floor was rusted out over top of the frame rail.
pa210830va8.jpg

i will be able to clean up the inside pretty good and blend it all together
pa210829xo6.jpg

the roof lines are the next big hurdle .from the gutter line down they match(other then the floor pan) but the roof is taller on the Comanche by about 1".so now i will clam shell cut the roof ,cut it down and put it back to match it up with the Cherokee.
pa210825du9.jpg

jeepcomj said:
will you have a rear seat in there?

you could probably put some jump seats from a ranger back their

dodge dakota rear seats would work well.

is the comanche cab really that much taller?

I am experiencing the same thing. It will be interesting to see how you are going to fit it together. I plan on folding the metal down after cutting a notch in the cab corner. I think it will be easier to weld overlapped pieces of metal.

so today i did what you all have been waiting for -well some of you anyway

i cut the last bit of cab roof off to start shaping it.this is were that picture of the dollies and hammer come in .

pa200812mi1.jpg

i cut the section off leave just over an 1" above the window
pa230839zk5.jpg

it left me with the interior header still poking up
pa230840ri8.jpg

cut that back next
pa230849qw8.jpg

using the dollies and the slap hammer i started stretching out the roof line
pa230854qi2.jpg

with it tucked under the XJ roof
pa230861mu5.jpg

pa230862qk9.jpg

pa230863pe6.jpg

of course i still have to do some more massaging to make it fit just right.clean up the edges and flanges them .then tack it all together.

i also finished framing out the drivers side rear window
pa230842tx3.jpg

pa230845lc8.jpg

some more pics i didn't get to upload till now

readyforweldingcd8.jpg

pa240865vs7.jpg

pa240866js6.jpg

pa240867pc2.jpg

now i just need to work the passenger side like the drivers side.then i need to work on getting 220 up to the garage.damn rental homes never have what you need,lol.

i'm hoping to have the chassis done by spring .at that point i can either strip out the engine,trans,and case for something else or just beat the stock drive train for a bit with some real axles under it over course.

Wil Badger said:
i'm hoping to have the chassis done by spring.

Are you going back to a 101" wheelbase? Or stretch it a bit to clear the back of the cab?

Robert

worked on the roof some more today

pa270872tp8.jpg

pa270873rq2.jpg

of course the ribs will get blended in

pa270875mv0.jpg

pa270876qg7.jpg

closer look

pa270879cb6.jpg

the floor still has work

pa270880it6.jpg

pa270881st7.jpg

like i said the bottom of the seat fits but i will most likely be using a Master Craft bench

pa270882js6.jpg

pa270883ac6.jpg

its hard to see but the roof had to be rounded more.

if you remember it was flared out

pa230854qi2.jpg

pa230861mu5.jpg

after going at it with the dollies .if you can see it is more rounded and straight down

pa270890wk7.jpg

pa270891lk0.jpg

Looks great, this is a cool thread and a good idea.

Nice build..

Probably missed it, your using 4 door 1/4 glass in the extension? The pop out 2 door versions would work well there.

Back