• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado Chapter Rigs

In lieu of a sticky introduction thread (didn't miss it did I?), this looks like the best place for introductions, so here I am. No pictures of mine yet (son has it up at school). Anticipating a far-reaching build upcoming, but pretty new to the whole "jeep-thing" and anticipate spending a lot of time searching and reading this board, so thought I'd post and introduce myself.

Name: Jason Calhoun
Jeep: 1998 XJ 4-door (red, stock except for sunroof and audio)
Build type: Going to be an expedition style as opposed to rock crawler (a la Overland XJ's), flat tan w/black accents (maybe SW CARC) - SeeingSpots, I'm going to need to buy you a beer and pick your brain before I do this...

As soon as my son gets back from school I'll edit with a picture, but it's not much to see at this point.

Holy Hell...People still visit this thread?!

I'll help you out any way that I can. Hit me up.

Jim

I see lots of built rigs in the Springs, but haven't seen that one yet. Welcome aboard.

Not sure where else to post an intro.... So here it is! Been lurking around here a few weeks so I figured I might as well say hi. I'm new to the Jeep world...picked up my '89 2 door XJ back in January, so I've been messing a little here and there and learning. Had the pleasure to meet JDXJ a few weeks ago when he welded my sliders on. Anyway, just thought I'd say hi and introduce myself....later

image.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. If you need any help, I'm not to far from you and am willing to lend a hand when I can.

My WIP as it sits currently...

There is going to be a lot of fab work coming soon. On the list is:

- Finally build a rear bumper/tire carrier
- Beef up the sliders
- Finalize the winch tray and sway bar
- Rear shock towers/crossbar
- Plate the rear half of the uni rails
- Fab a belly pan/traction bar combo
- Hybrid interior cage

Picked this up today:

Bone-stock '98 4.0L, AW4, 242. Completely dry underneath, runs & drives really good.Mileage is kind of high ,179K, but appears to be mechanically sound.

Now I just need to swap everything over from this:

Very nice score.

Very nice....that blue is my favorite color, too.

Hi Guys, new to the forum as of today. Converted JK to XJ this year. Here is my rig.
Welcome. Is that escalator? If so, aren't you a touch too far to the left on that line?

Yea, haven't had this rig long. Picked up the XJ in early April from a guy in Vegas. I was looking for something more capable than my JK (35's and only a rear locker) This fit the bill for sure. I'm about as East as you can be in Lone Tree, off of Ridgegate 1 mile east of I-25. You?

Hahaha! Yea, I need to keep reminding myself of that. I have a 10 bolt up front with an Auburn Gear selectable locker. The Rear is a 14 bolt with a Detroit. You can faintly see the paint I removed on my first day wheeling it. I still had the thought in my head that the pumpkin was on my side!

Back