• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAXJA Colorado Fest Flyer Picture "Contest"!

I like but I would do something like add "5 day camping and wheeling event"

As mentioned to Troy, we can only put so much on a flyer before it becomes too cluttered.

Dates and location are the main stay. Seeing those dates and "fest"...most people assume camping of some sort.

And as said above, this won't be the only "bit" of information they'll see. I'll direct them where to go for more info ;)

I like the last one the most but squeezing in our chapter logo is really throwing off the balance. I would redo the section above Colorado Fest. Probably add somewhere in there to see the website for details. That way they know where to look, it brings them to the website, and you don't have to try and cram camping info in there.

I like the last one the most but squeezing in our chapter logo is really throwing off the balance. I would redo the section above Colorado Fest. Probably add somewhere in there to see the website for details. That way they know where to look, it brings them to the website, and you don't have to try and cram camping info in there.

Ya'll need to quit looking at the last one, it's just there for XJ color reference...nothing more :laugh:

As I said, this isn't going anywhere where there won't be more info.

Anyone who has half a brain cell can quickly throw "NAXJA" into google if it's that hard.

These aren't going "up" on phone poles or anything of the sort.

Justin, it is a valid point presented by three different people very familiar with running COFest, quit being stubborn. Remember, people like to be spoon fed, it's not a great idea to just expect people to find it on their own. That almost defeats the point of a flyer in and of itself. No one is asking that the entire thing be remade, just tweaked. I think you have done a fantastic job with putting this together. That being said, collaboration my friend, embrace it.

As for flyer three, I understand it is a proof. But the red XJ and orange coloring look better to me, which is why I chose it over the 2 final versions. As well as the chapter logo just kind stuck on there to include it.

Last edited:
Justin, it is a valid point presented by three different people very familiar with running COFest, quit being stubborn. Remember, people like to be spoon fed, it's not a great idea to just expect people to find it on their own. That almost defeats the point of a flyer in and of itself. No one is asking that the entire thing be remade, just tweaked. I think you have done a fantastic job with putting this together. That being said, collaboration my friend, embrace it.

As for flyer three, I understand it is a proof. But the red XJ and orange coloring look better to me, which is why I chose it over the 2 final versions. As well as the chapter logo just kind stuck on there to include it.

I'll see what I can do.

However, on the side of being a slight bit of an ass...I posted up looking for suggestions on what the flyer needed and practically heard crickets until now. We've never done social media before, so no one is going to have any experience with that yet.

If this we're still quite a while out, I'd be more inclined to that kind of stuff. However that is not the case.

This was merely a thread asking about color preference, not content. Please if people want specific stuff next time, speak up.

I sent him a few changes to make: listing the campground, adding "see www.naxja.org for more info!", recoloring the XJ, and making the COFest stuff back to the orangish red.

We'll see where it goes from here, but I can't guarantee anything.

Sorry if I stirred the pot with my post. I guess my first question would be, who is the audience? If it is primarily for inside NAXJA use, then my idea isn't needed, but if we plan to post it up by itself to people who are not familiar with NAXJA and how we do events, How do they know it isn't just a big show and shine or mall crawling event?

Final version. Not final version. Rough draft. Blah blah blah.
Used the pic to post info on IG to draw some attention from web wheelers who might be interested. Maybe some will show up. Maybe none will. At least the effort is there.

Tom, no sorry you didn't stir really.

It's just like when a M&G is trying to be put together. No one will say anything/vote for a date...until you go ahead and set one.

THEN everybody wants to tell you why that date won't work, but yet were silent before :laugh:

AND ITS DONE! :D

1NAXJA-2015_zpsgfwsvvyb.jpg

That looks fantastic! :)

Glad ya like it! :D

I dig it man.

Same here, I think it came out good.

So, you gotta love facebook at times.

Posted up the flyer with some info on the facebook group "XJ Colorado".

Well, one of the admins there (who is questionable with a lot of people), decided it was spam. So apparently (at least their admins) this group...named XJ Colorado, has no interest in a week long wheeling event...for XJ's...in Colorado.

Ooooook?

I told them I'd politely bow out of the page, since I assumed the group and it's admins were about wheeling, and XJ's after all.

Before I could even dis-join the group...I got booted :laugh:

farcebook tools. Nice looking flyer!

I just say no to facebook.

As far as the flyer goes, I'd like to make a few recommendations: oh wait, am I too late? ;)

Nice job Justin! :thumbup:

Back