• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

I'm kinda regretting the fulltime 4 on the Commander it is rather boring after a snowfall I took the Dodge out for a quick 2wd spin around the block last Sunday's snowfall to get my rooster tail fix ...lol... God fulltime 4ed is f-ing boring.

I got mine from Professional Plastics I think it was in Denver. I called lots of places and they were the cheapest by a good enough margin for me to drive to Denver.

I had to buy a 4x10 sheet, I think it was around $300. So it might be worth splitting with 1ton if you do.

I've still got a bit around, enough to possibly replace my boatsides, and for the DD XJ build where I plan to use it on the gas tank skid, crossmembers, etc.

That's a good price. I can order some through Grainger, 2x4 ft sheet for $125. Might go that route since they're like 5 min away. Anyone skin their skid plates with it? Make any noticeable difference?

Used to do the same thing with carbide, water and throwing a match. Carbide and water generates acetylene gas and it's effective at rat control. Should work for gophers.

I bought a support ring for my Atlas but am not sure it's really needed .folks say it needs one because of the weight, buy the np 241 weighs as much or more and hangs off the same 6 mounting studs without ripping off, so not sure how much I needed the support or the extra time welding it in .

I am surprised you are not planning on running two just for the overkill factor

Used to do the same thing with carbide, water and throwing a match. Carbide and water generates acetylene gas and it's effective at rat control. Should work for gophers.

:eek:

:laugh3:

Toys for Tots today, anyone else going?

MUPUTRAX girl distracts from the product, what a babe, http://www.muputrax.com.au/

Apparently her name is Justine Sargent. Not a whole lot on the interwebz about her unfortunately.

At first I thought she was Ky Furneaux from Naked and Afraid.... another Aussie hottie.

Haven't yet seen the pair of joints I ordered from synergy a couple weeks ago I guess if they don't show I'll buy a another joint and cut the arm and weld on a fixed barrel and heim ...lol... The synergy was just nice because it's nearly 3/4 thru bolt and a direct replacement for the clevite joint .I couldn't find in stock any joints to replace my upper Johnny joints on the front that had 3/4 thru bolts , so I ended up buying 4 small EMF heims with a 2x.750 ball and Two threaded shanks from ballisticfab to make the upper joints control arm side I want. The axle side should be easy enough to make room for the EMF heim in the existing mounting holes for the small clevite that are there . I'm using a lock n load arm from metalcloak that I bought few months ago so I shouldn't need any rubber in the joints which is something I wanted to get rid of as it allows axle roll under torque as the rubber squishes . The only real reason for the massive upper bolt size is I consider the metal cloak arm to be doing nothing when loose so I want a bolt that I trust to do the job as if it was a single upper . I will be making the metal cloak arm 3/4 as well just because I want it to match the driver side .

If I decide the radius arms need to go I'll be making access panels in the floor pan when I do my seats this will allow reaching the subframe for easy welding of upper control arm clevice should I go triangulated uppers to replace the radius arms.

Do I post in the IC sale subforum or Colorado? Finally mixed together?
Given your location, I say post in both!

I was just reading in the National BOD forum that the IC has been redirected here. I don't see any of the other threads from IC, kinda sad.

Can we merge the two together and just came it accordingly?

I think that would be way more confusion and clutter than its worth. People in Idaho don’t care about Colorado Springs sales and the opposite.

Given your location, I say post in both!

I was just reading in the National BOD forum that the IC has been redirected here. I don't see any of the other threads from IC, kinda sad.

I mostly was just bringing to point the additional subforum in case it hadn’t been noticed and if anything else was changing.

Back