• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

I hope area bfe opens before EJS as I'd like to go before jeep safari and before the hot summer months .

The decision... cloth or vinyl... I'm ordering a basic pair if Sparco seats and can't decide on the material it seems as if vinyl should stay cleaner than a cloth seat off road , but not sure which on is better it's not like it's going in a street driven mustang .

Vinyl is like being engulfed in Saran wrap. If it's hot I'd be swimming in those seats.

I can cover the vinyl with cloth cover ...what I'm thinking and may be over thinking is cloth getting wet if it rains with doors off and holding water vs vinly with a cloth cover not holding water like a sponge in the actual seat .

Got a link to the seats 1ton? Eventually I'd like to put some better ones in mine.

They are just Sparco R100 series off eBay $535 shipped. They do have cheaper knock offs for about $200 A pair shipped with harness , But I don't know how well they hold up .

Yukon’s are worth it. Full metal construction.

One ton, rumor is that bfe was sold.

Anyone have experience with the warn Dana 60 hublocks? Would prefer hub locks since it'll be on the street. Yukon and dynatrac are nice but twice the price.

Apples to Oranges... The Yukon is worth every penny over the Warn which is failure prone in a few ways. The Yukon is a different (superior) operating design than the Warn, but even so the materials are Chromoly steel for the guts vs rebroached aluminum and all stainless steel VS pot metal and plastic for the actuator assembly. The Warns are ok and upfront are less money , but that up front savings will cost you later .

Yukon’s are worth it. Full metal construction.

One ton, rumor is that bfe was sold.

I read that it was closed for facility upgrades for power and water. It was said admittance after these upgrades would require a fee that could be paid daily or with yearly membership , but nothing was said about permanent closure of the area . I was wanting to get a chance to run upper helldorado it would suck if it closed .

Good morning everyone! I wanted to introduce myself and this looked like the best place on the forum to get to know the Colorado XJers! I have a 2001 Sport that is pretty much stock. I have owned it since '06, but haven't licensed it since 2016 after the double cardan fell apart and ripped out the linkage for the transfercase. My 9 year old son, (who is very car savvy, even from an adult perspective) is lighting a fire under me to get this build underway. Our goal for the project dubbed "Lucy's Beast" (named after our yellow lab that was put to rest this summer, it was her Jeep!) is to build a 1-Ton! This is our first step, looking forward to getting to know you and meeting up on the trails soon.
Jeff and Ty

Welcome aboard Jeff and Ty!

That is an ambitious first step, have you modified/built other vehicles?

Apples to Oranges... The Yukon is worth every penny over the Warn which is failure prone in a few ways. The Yukon is a different (superior) operating design than the Warn, but even so the materials are Chromoly steel for the guts vs rebroached aluminum and all stainless steel VS pot metal and plastic for the actuator assembly. The Warns are ok and upfront are less money , but that up front savings will cost you later .

Yea looking at them I kinda had that feeling. They have lifetime warranty but that doesn't do much good if they're breaking on the trail. Really if I had a trailer I'd just go drive slugs but I'd like to be able to unlock them for the street. Might just have to sack up and get the yukons.

Yea looking at them I kinda had that feeling. They have lifetime warranty but that doesn't do much good if they're breaking on the trail. Really if I had a trailer I'd just go drive slugs but I'd like to be able to unlock them for the street. Might just have to sack up and get the yukons.

If you were running Spicer life series joints instead of ctm or Yukon you could just run drive slugs it would be no different than the unitized hubs on newer front end without lockouts. The Yukon and ctm joints don't hold grease well at highway speed that's why they specify locking hubs. The only down side is if you break you have to pull the slug instead of just turn of the dial to go home. If you're running under a 40 inch tire I don't think you'll be breaking the stock big Spicer shafts and life series joints very often to worry about fixing them trail side that often .

It has the factory Ford inner shafts. I used the Spicer spl 55x u joints with nitro 35spline stubs. The axle is a 90 King pin 60, but I'm not sure if there's a difference in the shaft? Less worried about breaking shafts, more about breaking a hub lock. And I put a spool in the front for now. One of the guys we go with has the g2 hub locks on his 60, think he breaks them pretty often.

I’m planning Yukon hub locks and a spool for my KP D60. I just want the ability to unlock the front when connecting trails via pavement. Think of it this way, even with the added cost of the Yukon’s you’re still way cheaper with those and a spool vs an ARB and slugs/flanges.

It has the factory Ford inner shafts. I used the Spicer spl 55x u joints with nitro 35spline stubs. The axle is a 90 King pin 60, but I'm not sure if there's a difference in the shaft? Less worried about breaking shafts, more about breaking a hub lock. And I put a spool in the front for now. One of the guys we go with has the g2 hub locks on his 60, think he breaks them pretty often.

The older 79 housing like the one I have came with shafts that neck way down vs the newer ones like yours that don't so they just need 1.5 stubs to be a solid set up that can reasonably run 42s with just upgraded Stub shafts.

Back