• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Who invited the ABQ in here, did the merger happen already? Sheesh, I'm outta here. :D

J/K, welcome to the fold.

They have always been here:

We here by claim all of Colorado, and we welcome anyone from New Mexico, Kansas, Nebraska and Wyoming to join our Chapter and forum.

Chapter Officers have the final word on chapter related issues.

haha dude is there a New Mexico chapter? If there is its seems to be maybe just me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I think DaJudge hails from New Mexico.

The Colorado BS thread

Speaking of wheelin’ the Jeeps getting rusty sitting in the garage. Maybe I’ll join the JK’s on eagle rock this weekend 😂

Well today was fun...I think LOL. The rear shackle was not stuck after all. Got my knee working again, so I was able to get under the jeep and do the LS install, and I made the mistake (as it turned out),( I think it was a mistake, LOL) of installing the rear bolt first. Only took about 5-10 minutes to figure out how to get the front bolt in.

BUT!!!!!

:soapbox:

After all the shit I went through replacing this broken leaf spring, at the last minute, that die hard nut in the frame on the front popped loose in the frame rail (blind area) and once again told me to Fork Off. hasta

The good thing, after I chilled out, is at least it came loose after I got the old bolt out, and before I got the new bolt partly threaded into it. :scared:

It could have been worse, LOL.

So now the next project is replacing the nut (but how), accessing the old nut and location (cutting an opening?), or replacing the bracket with this?

https://www.ebay.com/i/332529361771?chn=ps

And cutting the old one off. But what is the best way to do this? Any other Opps mistakes to try and avoid?

What about alignment of the nut or bracket with the bolt? I will get back under it and inspect it once again tomorrow evening.

The shackles are stuck in the Jeep.

After having to cut out a captured nut doing the fronts, I left the stock shackles until I was ready to fight that battle. When I was ready to replace the stock shackles, I cut them off the bolt.

But, yeah, Ecomike is to the point of doing whatever is clever.

My feedback stands, it wasn't intended to be an insult. This forum has been different from the others as long as I have been here. He can find plenty of folks to respond over on Cherokee forum if that's what he is seeking. If what he wants is legitimate advice from the most knowledgeable guys around, then I think he will have better luck here if his posts are easier to follow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

A Four page article gets hard to read , but the Grammar really does not effect ones ability to get the points of the questions posed . It is always someone being kind of a elite douche that brings up Grammar on an off-road website ...Do you sip your wine coolers holding the bottle with both hands ?

Still working on that thing? If ya need some help let me know.

Damn, feelin' kind of lonely over here!

I have to replace the intake/exhaust gasket, and search for the cause of the "vague" steering that I still experience.

Kicking myself in the ass for ordering parts through a merchant who has a track record of crappy ship times taking twice as long as others ...lol... I ordered trusses , shock towers , brackets from companies like Artec and when ordered Sunday evening or Monday morning the goods are at my door the same week as early as Thursday the merchant with slow shipping charges extra for it and takes twice as long. I have limited time at home usually 34hrs and that's why I ordered the prefab stuff paying the money for it to save time , but when they dick your orders around it's not saving time just spending extra cash on stuff I can make for $20 but don't want to waste time . The merchant I bought my panhard from was contacted 4 days after order placed and not seeing it In shipped status , well after calling I was given a b.s. excuse of KOH slowing them down...KOH...Did not slow them down pulling the funds out of my account ? Then I was told they were out of Stock on some parts in the kit ordered but would have it shipped by the end of the day . Well since it already screwed me not shipping I kept the order based on the shipping that day and their last e-mail says ..."partial ship" due to out if stock parts. The customer service actually told me Thursady morning he had in his hand The parts to fill the order while we were on the phone . The kit was not listed as on hold due to out if stock parts and their site said nothing about delays due to koh if they did I would have ordered these parts from a merchant with in stock parts and no 4wd holiday delays... It's just extra hilarious they charge extra for shipping and take 2x longer than those who don't.

So now the next project is replacing the nut (but how), accessing the old nut and location (cutting an opening?), or replacing the bracket with this?

https://www.ebay.com/i/332529361771?chn=ps

And cutting the old one off. But what is the best way to do this? Any other Opps mistakes to try and avoid?

What about alignment of the nut or bracket with the bolt? I will get back under it and inspect it once again tomorrow evening.

Years ago I had one broke loose also, passenger side front. I cut a small hole in the floor and used a wrench to hold it. After re-assembling everything and tightening it properly I welded it back in the location it was previously.

There is an inner (guide) hole in the uniframe that the bolt have to go through before it could be threaded into the nut.

Most others on this forum cut a hole under the frame and use a wrench.

Like this?

271732d1432674832t-front-leaf-spring-bolt-removal-welded-nut-broke-left-spring-eye.jpg

Or is that an aftermarket bracket like this?

s-l640.jpg

I found that on Ebay for about $34 delivered. I need to climb under the beast again and see where the nut actually hides on mine. Right now my knee is a PITA POS right now, so I gotta wait for it chill out again :(

Years ago I had one broke loose also, passenger side front. I cut a small hole in the floor and used a wrench to hold it. After re-assembling everything and tightening it properly I welded it back in the location it was previously.

There is an inner (guide) hole in the uniframe that the bolt have to go through before it could be threaded into the nut.

Most others on this forum cut a hole under the frame and use a wrench.

Me too!!!

In other news, I am afraid to post this, but my Sons 2006 Liberty is back to DD service. They replaced the temp sensor and T-Stat, code cleared itself, about 5-7 days ago now. Not time to celebrate yet. This is the one that had 2 bent valves and wiped Cam shaft after they screwed up replacing the head gasket on jeep with just 101,000 miles.

Damn, feelin' kind of lonely over here!

I have to replace the intake/exhaust gasket, and search for the cause of the "vague" steering that I still experience.

The Colorado BS thread

Anyone ever run shafts with twisted splines? 9” with a Detroit locker. They aren’t bad, but wondering life expectancy, or maybe a guess. I see chromoly’s in my future 🙄

I would venture to guess it weakens them where they are twisted, though you have look hard to notice it.

Last edited:

Anyone ever run shafts with twisted splines? 9” with a Detroit locker. They aren’t bad, but wondering life expectancy, or maybe a guess. I see chromoly’s in my future 🙄

I would venture to guess it weakens them where they are twisted, though you have look hard to notice it.

They are already failing how long before they snap is a gamble. Buy new shafts b4 you wheel it . Is that 9 31 spline ? I Think you can easily upgrade to 33 with a new carrier and no special work like 35 and up spline . My stock 14 shafts looked new last pull for inspection ;-)

My 800 psi EBay regulator sprung a leak while playing with the front struts it still filled the struts but leaked gas constantly from the safety relief which I found to be only finger tight after I unhooked everything , so maybe just loose...maybe junk...lol...buying a new quality one at the supply shop when I refill the bottle. I was having fun raising the Jeep to the full extension of the 18s and raising one side fully with one side empty . After the playing around I left them where I plan to run them and jacked up the passenger side by the axle and it's night and day from the old set up . With the wheel compressed
The body remained near flat and level and I was not able to rock it around when pulling on the cage , it should be extremely stable when the rears are in .

Awesome looked at the regulator relief valve and it appears it shipped from factory with cap threaded a bit loose a couple turns and like new, well better since new was flawed .

The Colorado BS thread

They are already failing how long before they snap is a gamble. Buy new shafts b4 you wheel it . Is that 9 31 spline ? I Think you can easily upgrade to 33 with a new carrier and no special work like 35 and up spline . My stock 14 shafts looked new last pull for inspection ;-)

Yep, 31 spline. I’ll check into 33 upgrade since I plan on running 40’s at some point on it.

Back