• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

collection of jeep stuff(build/blog)

Removed the 2" coil spacer I had up front and stacked another spring isolator on my old one. Kinda redneck but it it me the amount I needed regardless :D

Yes this is the safest way to work on your jeep!
My highlift has the old metal base which I like a lot :)

Ready for 35s :thumbup:
Got to add full circle clips to my spare shafts and swap the 297s for 760s
39C1ABDF-A8C5-4CF3-8568-B02A0BDD44C4_zpsrakvwisx.jpg

Last edited:
Honestly, nothing wrong with adding another spacer. people do it all the time.

its actually really common, and its in multiple junkyard threads as a cheap way to lift the rig on a budget. One of my neighbors at one point had an XJ with 4 stock isolators per side. I used to run 2 at one point.

Thanks guys I know I've seen guys do it too

I did my hood vents today :D
...well one side at least LOL
I'm off to Newark tonight to do a Forever 21 job :/

Got em perfect
Decided to go hammered black rust oleum
I had them paint matched to my hood but I thought it looked kinda funky
743C28FE-E2FF-418D-8D92-AA36EE2569FB_zpsmzfyawe9.jpg

Want to install my vents on my heep? haha

Want to install my vents on my heep? haha

Hhaha what vents do you have?

Karl, I will keep you posted when I do

On a side note... I am indecisive on what I actually want to do with the MJ..

Cheap:
AAL + shackle
3" coils + spacer
31's

OR

SOA
5.5" RE Coils
Short arms uppers and lower adjustable w/ Drop brackets
33's
RE track bar

This would be a DD/mild trail rig so I am thinking just keep it at ~3"
But I might regret passing up this deal this guy I know is selling the RE 5.5" Coils Double shear track bar. Upper and lower adjustables with drop brackets and extended brake lines He's asking $450 or make an offer

Im buying: 5.5" re coils, RE double shear track bar and bracket, extended brake lines, shocks, upper and lower adjustable arms W/ drop brackets, front driveshaft, and complete rear 8.25 29 spline for $450 :)

8.25 has a fresh rebuild on it too. I just want the shafts lol so that will be for sale soon.

Just need to SOA the rear 44 on the MJ and find some tires.. Or upgrade my xj to 35's and use those

Do the 35s and swap that.

Ended up getting all those parts plus a custom rear cv driveshaft and rancho 9000s for $400.

Trying to make it up to Windsor to buy some 35s then all I will need on the mj is spring perches :D

Honestly, I would go with a good quality leaf pack VS SOA. Ride is much better.

ruffstuff for perches . Id go SOA all day long. worst case is you add a leaf to the packs to stiffen it up a bit, like a main from a lifted XJ pack did my buddies MJ real well, it was a main with the eyes cut off from a XJ 4" pack. it was perfect.

Ya soa is just so cheap! And I do have a rustys 3.5" full leaf pack I could chop up. So far between buying the manch, lift parts, registration, some minor repairs and a smog in into it for $1400. Not too shabby. Still have to get the rear ds lengthened after I lift. Also gotta paint it down the line. And I already have some spare zj steering I've been hanging on to.

http://www.hellcreeksuspensions.com/
I believe they offer a Comanche Club forum discount.
Something to think about.

That''s most likely where I will buy rear leaf packs for my MJ

I thought hell creek went out of business a long time ago?

Back