• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

collection of jeep stuff(build/blog)

Bought some 35s today!
Mtr's on American racing 15x8s
20/32 left on all four they have 500 miles on them they're 21/32 new :D
$700 :)
I kinda like my old rims better though

E09DD469-4A6F-4457-9BA9-CBAFEB0D588C_zps5cqsnysn.jpg

I saw those too, but my 3.55s would've hated me. So I went with the 32s. I was thinking someone on here was going to pick those up. Looks good! That's such a good deal too. Cheaper than what I picked up mine for.

Last edited:
Haha. I saw those too but they are a bit north and out of budget right now. Plus I want to stick with 33s for now.

Got my mini skids on the lca today
My first time welding to the xj.. Damn it was hard upside down and laying down lol but they're on there and not comin off

For those on 35s or have run them on the d30..
I have 4.56 gears, spartan locker, and stock shafts. I carry spares.. Do you guys tac weld the caps to the ears or add full circle clips or both?

nothing will save oem's from breaking on 35's if you wheel even moderately hard.
what will help is your somewhat tall gearing for 35's. i would swap to 4.88, which is what i run with 33's.
time to order up a set of cro-mo's. i like ten factory. cheap & strong with a 10 year warranty. only broke one so far & you know how i drive. :explosion

Well I now have aluminum rims and the mtrs in 35s only weigh 7lbs more per tire than the 33s so I think the weight is about the same from my steelies on 33s

I guess chromos are on the to buy list now but hot damn at 600 a set I can get 10 spare oem shafts lol

I guess I'll find out in Reno lol I drive like a grandpa so fingers crossed

Rawlhaus has good prices in chromos . Honestly abs shafts with new 760s will last .way cheaper

I run a 30 however I'm only running ats so my grip is not that great. I'm also only running 4.10s so it's a factory gearset and factory shafts. Although I carry spares I'm not putting any money in this axle. Building a 60 soon so I am just buying time. I will be tacking the caps in for sure. IRO had an almost aloy kit at one time.

I grinded some stock shaft ears and did full circle snap rings for serviceability, but the jeep didn't last long enough for me to ever need to service them. so tack welds will probably work just as well. as long as you're running one or the other. I still prefer the full circle snap rings though

just make sure you're running spicer 760's and I don't think you'll ever have a problem

if you drive like a grandpa you'll definitely never have a problem. I bought chromos off of Jon but never did install them. I just kept using the stock shafts I picked up off craigslist and eventually forgot about it. D30's aren't toothpicks. until you try to run 36's with a 4.88 rp apparently...

D30's aren't toothpicks. until you try to run 36's with a 4.88 rp apparently...

dana 30s are fine with some spicer 760s for most purposes. Just carry spares and tack the caps or full circle clips or both.

dana 30s are fine with some spicer 760s for most purposes. Just carry spares and tack the caps or full circle clips or both.

lol. yeah I'm not even worried about D30 ujoints anymore after seeing you blow up the diff a couple times.

I'll just tac the caps on my spares.. Time will tell how long the installed ones last. They have 760s in em and my spares have 297s

I'll probably learn the hard way but that's wen I learn best haha

Happy mothers day!

Ever since we did the QP armor I've been hacking away at the jeep lol

Today I did remove my doors! Was easy and is so much fun driving without them! I'm welding some bolts to the hinges for a drop in like wranglers.

6ae1168d-47c6-4210-8d9f-4e960c73bd99_zps057bfb5e.jpg

I've seen 2doors around. There's a 90 at moss landing but the 97+ 2 doors are like a holographic charizard

Think I will buy warriors 4 doors for 97-01 and extend them.. Trying to see if anybody has done that

I've seen 2doors around. There's a 90 at moss landing but the 97+ 2 doors are like a holographic charizard

Think I will buy warriors 4 doors for 97-01 and extend them.. Trying to see if anybody has done that

I haven't seen many Pokémon references, but this one fits quite well.

Gold for Patrick.

Gordo, I think half doors would be your best bet. Speakers work best when they have enclosed spaces to resonate, as I'm sure you know. I relocated my speakers from my doors in my 89 to the kick panels, and lost a surprising amount of sound quality. Plus half doors flow really well with the body lines.

Pat if you're going to modify tube doors you may as well make your own, especially for the price of the warrior ones, though I won't be complaining if you need someone to help you get rid of the rear set of doors (hint hint). Hardest part is the latching mechanism, which I've seen people do things from fence latches to tj/jk latches like Ericsxj did.

I haven't seen many Pokémon references, but this one fits quite well.

Gold for Patrick.

gold star for sure. I am way to old to know what a charizard is BTW

Back