• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coastal camping

Forceful Llama

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know of any spots where you can camp on a beach? A friend and I are interested in camping on a beach sometime soon. If not, think I'll go to halfmoon bay, it's close and the beach is literally a stones throw away. But she wants to camp ON the beach.

Google Usal Beach campground on the North Coast (east of Garberville, and above Ft Bragg).

Cool little campground on and near the beach. Not a big beach to drive around on, but fun none the less, considering it's location. Usal Road is also a fun Jeep road, with challenges in wet weather. It goes north from Usal Beach and ends up near Shelter Cove / Whitethorn area. Fun, scenic trail. We've done a couple of NAXJA-Sierra Chapters runs on Usal Road in the past

Just be cautious and stay on the main trial if you explore Usal Rd. Local growers are a bit skittish there, but use common sense and you will be fine...don't venture where you are not suppose to and obey the no trespassing signs.

Google Usal Beach campground on the North Coast (east of Garberville, and above Ft Bragg).

Cool little campground on and near the beach. Not a big beach to drive around on, but fun none the less, considering it's location. Usal Road is also a fun Jeep road, with challenges in wet weather. It goes north from Usal Beach and ends up near Shelter Cove / Whitethorn area. Fun, scenic trail. We've done a couple of NAXJA-Sierra Chapters runs on Usal Road in the past

Just be cautious and stay on the main trial if you explore Usal Rd. Local growers are a bit skittish there, but use common sense and you will be fine...don't venture where you are not suppose to and obey the no trespassing signs.

I'll check it out. Sounds like something that I would enjoy. Thanks

Know all about the growers... We used to do mapping in geology projects in the foothills and know what to watch out for.

There are a handful of us naxja folk near the dunes. Come on down. Bring your and our friends too. Haha. Camping on the beach is 10$ per night. At the state park campgrounds is 25 typicall, IIRC. That includes a ohv "day pass"

Back