• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clayton Rear Coil conversion parts F/S

Rock2pus

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I'm into some major changes on my 98 and dont need a few of the parts from the rear coil conversion, so here they are:
-upper coil buckets
-shock relocation bracket
-rear axle truss and lower coil perches (this is all set up on a C8.25 housing, but you could easily cut them off and use on any axle)
- your choice: 2 rubicon express coils giving you 5.5" of lift, or 2 Clayton coils giving you 7.5" of lift...
- 2 rubicon express monotube shocks
- Clayton extended rear brakeline
......asking 300 for everything....think about this...alll you need to buy is the arms and the front upper control arm bracket ( I'm guessing about 800), and you have the whole setup for way less than new...it flexes like mad and rides great, on the trail and on the street...If you want the entire 8.25, I still have it all with newer drums and brake cylinders recently replaced...If youre going to strip it off that axle I'd like to keep the shafts for spares..it has an open diff/3.55's, all good.

I also have a set of stock aluminum 5spokes off my 01 with a set of Goodyear SR-a's (less than 1000 miles on these very nice street tires) asking 250 for the set.

Plus a good 231 out of my 98 with all linkage...50 bucks

I can meet within a reasonable distance,,,will not ship. Pm me or call 856-373-8767 for more details.
Rich

Hmm, interested in the clayton stuff. So the upper control arm brackets, does that mean the frame side crossmember where the links mount?

Any pics on said stuff?

I can get some together and send them to you...the coil buckets are still attached to the part of the frame/floor that I cut off...I'd rather not spend the time cutting them apart right now, I'm busy enough..I'll try to send pics out tomorrow.

Hell, while this thread is hot I might as well mention that I still have a front bumper and a set of custom tube doors for a 97-up for sale also.....:) (among other stuff)

Rich, you know there is an edit button so you don't have to post 18 times in a row right? :D

Either way we need a thread on this Jeep, post one up if you get a chance. I'd love to see some pictures of the progress.

[/hijacked for sale thread]

Alright, that sounds good. Let me know when you get a chance to get a shipping quote on those spacers, 02668 is my zip.

Yeah Bill I know about the edit button! lol Guess I get carried away...so, all interested parties pm me your home addresses so I can send out proper pics , please.
Rich

asking 400 for the tube doors (all 4)...less than I paid for powdercoat and the latches, let alone making them.....
there, I used the edit button.

Acos sold! I also have an Optima Yellow top, 2 years old, with a new Mopar battery tray and mean green holddown for the XJ.....75 bucks in southern jersey.
Rich

Here is another shot of the doors for Rich:
IMAG0193.jpg

(Colin took the photo)

Would those tube doors fit a 95? If they do I'm very interested and by interested I mean I'm ready to buy them given the chance and if they will fit my 95 :wierd:

Would those tube doors fit a 95? If they do I'm very interested and by interested I mean I'm ready to buy them given the chance and if they will fit my 95 :wierd:
As far as I know they wont....I think the latch system changed in 97 to the "loop" instead of a stud...But I'd be happy to be wrong.......
Rich
P.s the doors do include mudflaps on the rear and a pair of Wrangler mirrors....

I think they would work just fine with a post-type latch but I have no idea if the old vs. new lines up...I dont have an older model to test fit them....they are great, and very strong...open and close easy.....the single best thing I ever added to my rig...the only reason I'm letting them go is I'm building a new set with aluminum tubing (!!!!)..because I'm insane.

pics of the front bumper, for anyone interested, are in "random stuff/garage cleaning"...

Last edited:
Back