• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Christmas Swag?

We don't go too much into it for Christmas. Nikki and I tend to do something more along the lines of going somewhere instead of buying stuff.

So far:
- Some cash from my mom and stepdad (though they shouldn't have, I owe them money against a small loan we used to buy the house :laugh:)
- Chocolates and a $10 Qdoba card from Nikki's sister and brother in law
- Backroads/Trails book from Nikki's mom

Nikki and I got stuff for the house mainly. Nikki's mom bought us a new smoothtop cook top (comes in Thursday), and we also got a ceramic container pot set for the kitchen from her sister.

Hell, we didn't even set up a tree...we never have.

Was really NO point in it with me "living" in Georgia (only two more days!)

two new makers mark drinking glasses and two ice molds to make ball ice. homedepot gift cards a lot so I get to go buy some tools here soon. power pressure cooker. don't know why, but I saw it on an info commercial and had to have it. bunch of other random gift cards to eat out.

two new makers mark drinking glasses and two ice molds to make ball ice. homedepot gift cards a lot so I get to go buy some tools here soon. power pressure cooker. don't know why, but I saw it on an info commercial and had to have it. bunch of other random gift cards to eat out.

You get any Makers Mark with those glasses? Nothing wrong with some MM.

Where you guys staying?

We just got back from the Luxor. Meh, Vegas isn't for me. You can blow through SOOOOO much money.

Yeah, we've not heard good things about the Luxor.

It was a late 20th anniversary gift to ourselves. We stayed in an 1100 sq/ft strip view suite at the Aria. Amazing. Booked early and hit em up for a damn good discount. Blew our money on nice restaurants and shows rather than gamble. We were there Dec 21-26. The asian invasion started on the 24th...... it was NUTS. Half their populations were there along with the eastern Indians and Muslims. Friggin RUDE people - well many of 'em anyway. Vegas changes when they all arrive. Lots of the electronic billboards have added chinese/asian writing added, the faces/models are asian, even the electronic screens of the slot machines change to show more asian writing, anime, celebs. We just chilled in the room on Christmas day and the morning after and did room service and movies.

IMG_20151221_175229053_zpshlxa4xdf.jpg

Each room had a notepad that controlled all the features (lights, tv, music, curtains, etc.)

IMG_20151221_175011571_zps0tf6id2p.jpg

Rented a convertible to drive through Red Rock Canyon, then a few laps around on the strip. (Yeah it was cold.... 48 degrees that day.)

IMG_20151222_153128132_HDR_zpsy83dimeu.jpg

Ate an anniversary seafood dinner in a "tree house" restaurant that looked like a giant........ um yeah. Was highly rated on lots of restaurant blogs......Service was excellent, food was just ok.

IMG_20151222_210313599_zpsor8ydcmj.jpg

Last edited:
The loop! Red rock loop is awesome sauce. Especially if you wait too evening end of the day as guards leave and population dies down..... :gee:
Did you go to la rev by chance?
Should a let me know, being a Las Vegan original they send me discount stuff all the time on rooms n such.

Yeah I would have liked to have done some exploring in the canyons but it was stupid-busy, cars lined up all along the roads and trail head lots were packed.

Didn't see La Rev, we saw "Zarkana" - AMAZING! We've seen "Mystere" and "O" and liked those alot as well....... "Love" sucked though. I think you gotta be high to get that one.

It'll probably be a few years before we go back...... that was our 4th time and we were running out of things to do/see...... lol!

Last time out, I hit all the History Channel show locations - Pawn Stars, Rick's Restoration, Kount's Kustoms. All pretty cool.

This trip out, we stopped by the Vegas Rat Rods show room. Steve Darnell has one incredible man-cave for sure!

IMG_20151223_133630922_zpsdt2hd4xi.jpg

IMG_20151223_133719855_zps9vbixsnu.jpg

IMG_20151223_133738570_zpscjitztf3.jpg

IMG_20151223_133746618_zpsg2ritd4b.jpg

IMG_20151223_134957901_zpsh5zppcul.jpg

IMG_20151223_135010463_zpsblgjlrwr.jpg

IMG_20151223_135019639_zpsw6smyesb.jpg

Agh. That sucks. When ya catch it right that used to be a high speed stomping ground. That rough asphalt hooks great when hot.

Ya my friend is back at la rev now, why I asked. A lot of stuff is changing so fast there it's a bit ridiculous. And everything goes weird around New Years anyway to accommodate the high flow of folks.

Got me a 05 Toyota fourrunner limited ,2wheel drive as they pave the roads here don't need a 4wheel drive

Keeping the vehicular A.D.D. alive eh Jim? LOL! Aren't you afraid of getting stuck on the beach when chasing those bikini babes? Or is that the ploy? Are you keeping shovels and a beach chair in the back and playing the adorable old man in distress card? :D

you know him like the back of your own hand, Troy... the dirty old dog. Miss ya Jim! :wave:

you know him like the back of your own hand, Troy... the dirty old dog. Miss ya Jim! :wave:

Just because you get old, all them young women don't turn ugly all of the sudden.:)

Back